sprocket question for agb 29

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEDUCE

Reaction score
hey guys i have a agb 29 (this one http://www.pocket-bike-racing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7286) i have a 16 front sprocket and a 43 rear i want it to have a bit more down low so should i go to a say 45 or not?? it is just a tad to high end i want a bit more down lowas for my wifes bike its the oppisite it has a 16 front and a 48 rear and its heaps torquey

SEDUCE said:
hey guys i have a agb 29 (this one http://www.pocket-bike-racing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7286) i have a 16 front sprocket and a 43 rear i want it to have a bit more down low so should i go to a say 45 or not?? it is just a tad to high end i want a bit more down lowas for my wifes bike its the oppisite it has a 16 front and a 48 rear and its heaps torquey

Well your current sprocket combo is a ratio of 2.69
Your wife's is 3.00
A 16 front and 45 rear will land you at 2.81...which is not quite half way between.
The other way to go is down to 15 on the front....15/43 would give you 2.87 which is a bit lower again from 16/45.
If you bought a 15 tooth and a 45 tooth, with what you've already got, that would give you 4 combos to play with....
2.69 (16/43)
2.81 (16/45)
2.87 (15/43)
3.00 (15/45)

Mate, let me know when you locate some rear sprockets, as im after some also. Prob a 45-47 and a 37. (hard to find with the hub stud pattern)

ive tried everywhere and cant finds sprockets that fit my orion.... so if anyone knows where to get them can you plz notify me

i have the same sprockets 16/43.. i just put a 17 on the front today and its a total different bike... you can acutally use first and second gear properlyand there is plenty of grunt in those 2 gears...

i got my sprocket from the pitbike empire.... $15 best mod ever in my eyes..

43 is the smallest you'll get on the rear (check the hub mount for the sprocket, any smaller the chanin will hit hub) and you can get smaller front sprockets the make the gears shorter. Best bet is to leave it. If you can get a 17t front go for it, but dont go any bigger in front than 17.

cheers

Latest posts

Back