Sprockets

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motardness!

Reaction score
well i have a 125cc pitty with a few engine mods and i want better sprockets than my 48 Rear, 14 Front ratio.
what would be best performing for motard conditions?
i want the best i can get.
i hear 41 front, 16 front is not 2 bad.
any help i get will be greatly appreciated :)
Peace :cool:

You must have a Ducar motor if it has a 48 tooth rear sprocket, is this correct?

yes i have a ducar motor
and my other bike has a jialing 124cc

the one i want to do it to is the ducar.
any idea of what sprocket sizes i should go for?
front and back?

peace :cool:

how big is your track ?
there is no universal size to go for and you will even find that at the same track people will run different setups for motors or rider preference so its more of a trial and error thing.

ok fellas and some of you will already know this but the general rule of thumb with sprockets is smaller front or bigger back will give your bike faster pick up and not so much top end speed. If you want the bike to have more speed around a track that has long fast straight sections and wide sweeping corners then go for the 41 rear and 16 front. if the track or course has tight sections and small triwsty sections then gear it down by either putting a smaller front sprocket on or a bigger back sprocket...remember though that one tooth smaller on the front is equal to around 3 on the back roughly. So as an example 15/38 is similar to 16/41. On tight moto tracks I run 14/41 and on the faster tracks i run 16/38. It all depends on the track....Hope this helps
Cheeries:D

Latest posts

Back