squeaking??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motophreak

Reaction score
I bought a new lifan 125cc from dhz, when i got it i drained the so called oil and added in some 4 stroke mineral oil, did the valves to 0.003 and 0.004 for inlet and exhaust and bolted it to my bike. when i kick it over there's a loud squeaking/squealing noise that to comes from the engine, have no clue what it is and it doesn't sound like a metal scraping metal squeak but just would like to know.

has this happened to anyone else, or is this the norm for a new engine??
Thinking of doing my valves again but if that's not the problem i'll need some other suggestions.
And yeh i do know the lifan 125cc aren't the best engines out there but i thought it would do for now..

Thanks..:grinning-smiley-003

I bought a new lifan 125cc from dhz, when i got it i drained the so called oil and added in some 4 stroke mineral oil, did the valves to 0.003 and 0.004 for inlet and exhaust and bolted it to my bike. when i kick it over there's a loud squeaking/squealing noise that to comes from the engine, have no clue what it is and it doesn't sound like a metal scraping metal squeak but just would like to know.

has this happened to anyone else, or is this the norm for a new engine??
Thinking of doing my valves again but if that's not the problem i'll need some other suggestions.
And yeh i do know the lifan 125cc aren't the best engines out there but i thought it would do for now..

Thanks..:grinning-smiley-003

Squeeks a little when you first kick them over as the oil get's around the motor but should stop pretty quickly I would have thought.

yeh when i got it i checked everything accessible like the clutch, magneto and that so its all good, i got it running well and there's no more weird noises lol..

i reckon it was just lack of oil in the barrel, and the noise was coming from your rings

Latest posts

Back