Starting Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaMaster

Reaction score
Hey all. I have been riding bikes for a few years now (formerly owned a 1990 Kawasaki KDX200 and currently own 2006 Kwak ZX6R) but am new to these pitbikes and after some mates of mine bought Pitpros, I figured I'd join in and have bought an Atomik RS 125. Only problem is, I can't get it to start for the life of me. I have tried kicking it at no throttle, part throttle, full throttle, no choke, part choke, full choke and bumping it down the hill and no matter what I do it won't start. I have a full tank of fuel and fuel is getting to the carby. I pulled the sparkplug out and have spark and the killswitch is set to run but it still won't start. Can anyone help me?

When you get your first China bike you need to flush the fuel tank, there is normally a heap of plastic in there from the manufacturing process.
Possibly some crap made it into your carby.
A quick break down of the carby will tell you, the only good thing about this as you will know is that there very easy to get at. 10 minute job.
Also make sure that the crank case breather hose hasn't got a clip on it.
Some do to prevent oil going everywhere while in transport.
Other than that if you have spark, and there is fuel making it to the carby, I have no idea.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. I'll check those things out and hopefully get 'er going. All these push starts have been wearing me out!

try the cdi ubit

Have you tried replacing the cdi unit? If you have dodgy spark that is where i would start Or if you know how to use a multi meter try the stator or magnito. Its true the tanks have shavings but there is usually a filter in the tank that stops it travelling to the carby. One way to check if the tank is blocked turn the fuel on and pull the line of the carby if there is fuel then you have another problem and i would say is is electrical.
If you are unsure pull the fuel tap off of course emptying the tank first and then check and see if it is blocked but i doubt it i believe you have a cdi or stata prob instead

Thanks for your help guys. It turned out the fuel line would kink. Pretty pathetic for a brand new bike. We managed to rig up some clear tube as a temporary fix for the weekend til we find something that fits better. The barb on the fuel filter is different to that on the fuel tap and carby. Go figure...

Hi i have a Xmoto 250CC Dirt Bike and it also doesnt start, i changed spark plug and i changed the carbeurattor and it still didnt work. CAN ANYONE HELP ME.
THANKS

Latest posts

Back