Starting Off on a new bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also as cactus jack said usin the crap shipping oil that they put in it to start out, could you just mix it with some Non synthetic 10W/40SF oil like the manuals say and use that combo for the 1st 20min that he talks about or just use the crappy china stuff.
cheers
alex

There would be no point in mixing oils and the manual that came with your bike is probably not worth the paper its written on

so how would you recomend to run it in. As cactus jack sais or just go easy on it for the first few tanks, with some decent oil in it. Then drain that oil and put some fresh stuff in it. Just running the bike with the shipping oil doesnt seem right.

poor kid

just ride the frigen thing change the oil every 3 tanks and keep bolts and shit tight the only thing you need to do is warm it up properly and let it cool down as long as you can when new so all the metals harden at the same rate so you dont go snappin cranks and other bits but ya only gotta do that for the first few rides

have fun dont worrie about these pony's and there half revs for 3 tanks then polish ya knob bs

they are a single cylinder horizontal race engine hell even chev all they do is dyno test the thing then off ya go race bread or not

sheesh i've never run a bike in eva and never donw kickstart gears or cranks or second or anything and i've had a china for 5 years

bloody run in

I run bikes in hard and I have even left the original oil in one motor for about 6 months and over 2 years later its still goin. Id say go with what cactus said coz it is the best way to go about it but dont be too worried about it.

Last edited:
poor kid

just ride the frigen thing change the oil every 3 tanks and keep bolts and shit tight the only thing you need to do is warm it up properly and let it cool down as long as you can when new so all the metals harden at the same rate so you dont go snappin cranks and other bits but ya only gotta do that for the first few rides

have fun dont worrie about these pony's and there half revs for 3 tanks then polish ya knob bs

they are a single cylinder horizontal race engine hell even chev all they do is dyno test the thing then off ya go race bread or not

sheesh i've never run a bike in eva and never donw kickstart gears or cranks or second or anything and i've had a china for 5 years

bloody run in

thank you straight to the point cheers:)

to add to the oil repleacing/checking
on my dip stick where should the oil go to? to the top of the crosses section like a row of x's [xxx]<< ? my bike is due for a oil change =D

very sorry to give wrong info on bolt size it is 17mm. That shows how much I change oil on my pitty eh. Now I look like a real tool

to add to the oil repleacing/checking
on my dip stick where should the oil go to? to the top of the crosses section like a row of x's [xxx]<< ? my bike is due for a oil change =D

The dip stick should have this on it.
-
x
x
x
x
x
x
-

Or simmilar. And the oil should be between the top - and the bottom - where the x's are. I think i am correct. Someone else may be able to shed some light.

Latest posts

Back