Sticky Throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draino

Reaction score
The throttle on my bike seems to stick on slightly when I back of the gas, its not the idle screw because thats wound out, and there doesnt seem to be anything pulling on the cable but if I have it running and take the air filter of when I back of the gas the slide stays up slightly and I have to snap the throttle a little to get it to come down or with the filter of I can use my finger to push it down and it idles sweet. But its driving me crazy could my cable be to short or could it need a lube? I have wound the adjuster at the thottle of so theres no tension there. I have a Oko/Keihin 28mm Flatslide brand new with the idle clip on the bottom position.:confused:

Could be a bit of dirt in the slide or the bore or possibly a bur. I had the same problem with my carb and it turned out to be a bit of dirt had scored the slide. Just had to file the bur off and fit a stronger spring

I'll give it a crack tonight with both ideas, I think the slide might be the problem.:cool:

could be something as simple as the throttle sticking to the edge of the bar or bar end plug...

my bike was doing that, throttle cable wasn't like completely smooth, like it was a bit frayed, lol i dunno, it happened when i didn't know much about bikes... but yeah, that made it stick a bit

could be something as simple as the throttle sticking to the edge of the bar or bar end plug...

droped ya bike lately or something simmilar ?
my young bloke does this all the time (dad my bikes broken ) hehehe
play with the grips or take the throttle of and clean it works for me

i'd start with the grips and work your way down cable ,then carb

sounds like an easy fix

cheers and good luck

mine would do that occasionally when dirt would get in there.Best thing to do is pull your throttle right down clean it out then get some 3mm thick foam trace the flange of your grip and then trace the end bit of the grip on to your grip so it looks like a foam disc with a whole about 3 cm in diameter in the middle , get some 3 in 1 oil and oil the foam a bit thenn sitkc it on and slide the grip on and youll have your own throttle filter

mine would do that occasionally when dirt would get in there.Best thing to do is pull your throttle right down clean it out then get some 3mm thick foam trace the flange of your grip and then trace the end bit of the grip on to your grip so it looks like a foam disc with a whole about 3 cm in diameter in the middle , get some 3 in 1 oil and oil the foam a bit thenn sitkc it on and slide the grip on and youll have your own throttle filter

sheesh we have some smart cookies here

exelent i shall do that to zacass bike

i had a simialar problem with my old throttle it turned out the plastic piece (part that grip goes onto) had gone into an oval shape

Latest posts

Back