Stiff Clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Reaction score
My clutch seems really stiff these days.

When i try to pop monos i like to use only 2 finger on the clutch so i have more control on the bars but its getting real hard too. I cant really remember what it was like when new because i dont ride it much. Its still new.

What do you think could be causing this ?

I havent checked anything yet, just wanted to get a heads up on things to look over when i do.

Cheers

Take a look at your exhaust, I bet its leaning on the clutch arm thingo.

My guess would be you've got crap down the cable sleeve.

Just run some Silkolene down the clutch cable and you'll be sweet. I did it mine and i'll tell you what it's so light it feels like a hydraulic one or something.

Yeah try dumping some oil down the tube and it might make it smoother.

He doesn't mean car oil by the way lol.

Use some sort of lubricant that is suitable for the job.

no probs ill give it a go tommorow

How the heck do you manage to get oil down there?

I can't even get down one of those tiny tubes that come with a spray can.

Is there any way to get the plastic coating off the clutch cable?

I did use car oil actually, just fill the cap up from the bottle and slowly let some down there.. I think thats how I did it, was a while ago. But use grease for everthing else like the throttle housing and stuff.

I took off my clutch cable today and I could barely get a gap to pour oil down there.

There is thing i have but i can't remember the name for it but it might even be as simple as cable lubricator lol.

It's a little box and it goes around the end of the cale and it has a hole about the size of the tube that comes with the spray can and you squirt the lube in there and it will just run down inside the cable sleeve.

If you describe it to a bike shop they will know what you mean.

i think this will help

cablelubricationtool2.jpg

cablelubricationtool1.jpg

my dad uses this on my clutch sometimes.

m0p

u put the cable into the gap then screw it down and thenspray the lubricant into it somehow i forget but stumbows should know where to spray it in.

m0p

That's the one....

The lube goes into the black hole there. You will see there is 2 holes the bigger of the 2 is the lube entrance hole and the smaller is the breather.

Good work dude.

I wasn't able to take some photos yet lol.

k thanx stumbows ure a champ

m0p

Latest posts

Back