still droolin Daytona 119cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbulls

Reaction score
Red-Baron-Daytona-head.jpg

Red-Baron-right.jpg

Last edited:
lol, u had posted like 50 of these threads, lol.
where do u find all these sick engines and bikes?? lol

Thats awesome!!!

Had a quick look on the net about it, details are as follows;

Big 4 Valve Head
2 gear driven cams
21mm intake valve and 18mm exhaust valve
54mm Aluminum Cylinder
52mm Crankshaft

You can buy the kit over the net to do it to your bike. The kit includes all the above mentioned items and;

Piston and Ring Set
Complete Gasket Kit
High Performance Roller Bearing Camshaft
PE26 Carb
Intake Manifold
Air Filter
Daytona CDI Box
High Flow Oil Pump
Mounting Instructions

All this for only 3 Grand australian!!! Mind you, the gear driven DOHC set up would be unreal!!! They say its good for 18HP with an FMF pipe attached. It does require the original crank case to be bored out to accept the 54mm cylinder though.

Red Baron Daytona 119cc 4 Valve DOHC Kit — ArsenalMX.com
Daytona 4valve DOHC 119cc Big Valve Stroker Big Bore Kit (more power than any Takegawa or Kitaco kit) for HONDA CRF50 und XR50 **** www.MCM50.com ****

Mmmm ... yummy!

Now I just need to rob a bank!

Or sell one of my bikes ... ain't gunna happen.

LOL

I've seen this before, very cool bit of gear. But for me, getting up around that kind of money, I'd just look for a 125 MotoX'er.

As for HP, BBR did one and they got it out to about 16hp revving to 13,200rpm. I'm guessing 18hp might be achievable, but it would be a handgrenade of an engine. The BBR one needs pulling down after just 10 hours use!

But still, all very cool :)

I think 18HP might be dreaming a little bit. I won't say that its NOT possible, but for a china engine i think you'd be really stretching the friendship.

Also, with gear driven cams, the associated loss of mechanical power through the geartrain is a lot more than through a chain and sprockets (due to friction, rotating inertia and so on) i'd almost say that this engine would be giving away close to 1HP of its power automatically through just driving the gears.

But still, its all fun and games. If you've got the time and the money to go stupid on one of these engines...why the hell not!! My vote is for a centrifugaly supercharged, fuel injected, Nitrous drinking pig!!

matty you need to brush up on your mini info. the daytona 119 twin cam comes from JAPAN. not china and 18hp is real. this motor really rips. btw it aint a fully gear driven set up it uses a chain to the top and then splits it with gears to the twin cams. the loss would be less than the gain from the adjustability of twin cams and the size of the valves.

Sixeven,

I was more refering to the stroker/head/cam kit that i had the link to in my first post. I am assuming that this kit can be put onto a china engine and thats why i said i thought it would struggle to reach the 18HP. However, since the kit has a new crank as well, the only china parts left would be the gearbox and the casings, so i suppose providing the gears can hack the power then it'd be fine.

I did see the full 119cc twin engine there, and i assumed that it was a japanese engine but i wasn't referencing to it in my post.

Thanks for clearing up the mechanism for me, makes sense to run a chain and then split the drive off with gears. It'll be lighter than a full gear train and mechanical losses will be kept to a minimum.

Latest posts

Back