stock crf 50 carb setting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 2011 stock crf 50 with tb revbox. it has the clip set in the 2nd notch from the top. i have a unifilter on the way. im trying to find the sweet spot on the carb settings where it will have lots of topend and still decent bottom end (not sluggish).

i dont really want to go swapping out the stock main jet. what are you guys running, like how many turns out on the fuel/air screw and what notch is your clip on the needle. i just want my 50 to run well. right now its running crap.

It's ironique that you posted this because just yesterday I put a uni filter on my stock crf50 and I can't tune it to run right at all. Mine is a 2006 and the jets are pressed in (can't be changed) which makes life a little difficult.

Every bike is different man and also it depends on the altitude that you ride at, and the humidity and temps of the area you live in. So using the same settings on your bike as on someone elses' won't always work if that makes sense :S
Also to save you having to tune it twice, wait till you put your filter on and then have a go at it :)

the crfs are usually a little rich to start off with, so the filter might lean it out a bit.

i got my airfilter and installed it, tried adjusting the air fuel mixture, getting a mate to do it tommorow, whats the best position for the clip? 2nd or 3rd notch from the top.

Ive gone 3 clip position. But im running a rev box and dr. D exhuast

After I put my uni filter on I had to move the clip further down the needle to the pointy end.

Latest posts

Back