Stolen Bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msomotorcycles.com.au

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a reminder to be vigilant with the security of your bikes and make sure they are locked up at all times. A customer with two of our bikes in the Newcastle area has had them stolen overnight, they were in a locked garage but this is obviously not enough - please try to chain them to something or get a Kryptonite lock that bolts into the ground.....the little ba#*ards may not take the risk if they have to make a noise to get them.

The bikes stolen were a Black & Blue X6R (and of course we still have Unit_MX's white X6R out there somewhere) so if people in the Newcastle area could keep an eye when riding that would be great, there's a heap of our bikes up that way so it's going to be a hard find unfortunatley.

Thanks,
Linda

thats bad news mate, even kryptonite locks can be brocken ito witha bick pen!!!
Take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUfzJ2xBHXE :D

Im thinking of buying one of those ones that the road bikers use, the lock that go's on te disc brake, anyone know if they will fit and if they are anygood??

do not get a kryptonite lock you can get into them with a bic pen. go to YOU TUBE and type in bic pen and watch what they do. also type in lock picking.
buy a pit bull!

arrre der look at my previous post!
:D

yea my mate has the lock that goes onto his discbrake as soon as they push the bike the lock has an alarm and it sets off, im sure they wont stick around after they hear that noise.

We should all be helping each other to avoid what has happened to the unfortunate people that have had bikes knocked off by low life AHOLE'S rather than advertising how you can pick locks with a pen. Maybe delza125 could let everybody know where his mate got his disc lock with an alarm on it (sounds like a good idea)?

yeah ive got normal padlocks on my discs an im gonna bolt them to the ground with six bikes in my shed i figure it will be very hard to get to the locks with bolt cutters (i hope lol)
so yeah i agree we should all be giving each other ideas of protecting our toys
so any one got a good idea???

Bring it inside next to ya bed and have a baseball bat under the bed. if the little aholes try to steal it beat the shit out of them.lol:D

my mate got it from MCA for around 60 bucks,but u should be able to get them from other motorcycle stores.

my mate got it from MCA for around 60 bucks,but u should be able to get them from other motorcycle stores.

Good one man. I'm gonna be heading down to MCA this week. I'll find out about them and let everyone know.

yes... this is starting to become a problem... i think some mean looking dogs also help!...dogs do wonders in these situations and by all means lock it up the best way possible, i put a lock on each disk and lock 4 bikes up together with more then one chain

Bring it inside next to ya bed and have a baseball bat under the bed. if the little aholes try to steal it beat the shit out of them.lol:D

this is the worse thing you could do! these days you can be suid... yes if the introuder brakes into ur house and gets injured they can sue you!!! dosent the government secure us well...

We should all be helping each other to avoid what has happened to the unfortunate people that have had bikes knocked off by low life AHOLE'S rather than advertising how you can pick locks with a pen. Maybe delza125 could let everybody know where his mate got his disc lock with an alarm on it (sounds like a good idea)?

if you keep up with what the crims know, then you have a better chance of protecting your bike

This is a serious problem. A friend of mne had 2 thumpsters and his banshee stolen from his garage 3 months ago. Luckily they were insured. He made up a few plates that dyna bolt down to the ground and you can chain your bike to them. I could see if he could make a few to sell to you guys if there is enough of a demand.

Im up for a vin and engine number register as that way if any shit stain tryed to sell a stolen bike online,numbers can be checked on system as vic roads and all other road authoritys dont give 2 shits

Dad is very paranoid with all our bikes, the shed is built like a bomb shelter, there is a huge lock on the door. And our bikes have 2 chains each around the swingarm and a a big pole. and of course, two labradors.

Latest posts

Back