Street Legal Mini

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Packie

Reaction score
Hello

I HATE to ask this question as I know it's been asked about 100 times, but I must find out.

I'm looking for a mini bike that I can register for road use, I ride a CT110 at the moment, love it to bits won't be getting rid of it soon, but I want something a little more moto-like without being a full sized bike. I love the novelty of mini bikes and they're perfect for my area.

In a perfect world, I'd be on a registered CRF100 or 150f

I'm looking for a bike that's a similar size to these whilst still being able to be registered on Aus roads.

I don't mind if it's a Chinese piece, I'll be upgrading it anyway so the plan is to ride it til it breaks half an hour later then putting quality parts on.

I really want something to ride on the road, but if it comes down to it I'll probably just get a CRF100f and ride it around town, there's a few good spots to go to.

Motovert make one its an rx125 but they are getting hard to find second hand anyway as i wouldnt mind one myself
Not the fastest thing around but fully street legal and most of the chinese parts fit on them also

I have been trying to find a Motovert RX for while but yeah they are becoming rare

But I'm still after the more dirt bike look, the RX still looks like a PIT bike

Probably more than you wanna spend but wont break any time soon..... a honda grom
021816-2016-honda-grom-msx125-f-633x388.jpg

There is one for sale in qld i think they wanted $1800 ish for it but its a bit far for me

I wouldn't mind a Honda Grom actually, more expensive, but it will last a long time. Just don't have the money for it.
I wouldn't mind a Chinese piece as long as I can get good quality parts I'm happy.

I wouldn't be touching anything braaap for the moment mate. They just got busted for rebirthing bikes by scraping vins off and restamping them.
Plus it's not even a braaap haha like 95% of braaaps range they buy the rights to sell it under their name and say it's gone through intense testing. Yeah nah mate its a Psto and they are already better then anything braaap can make.

Dah ****
Alright laters Braaap you're off the list

I might just save my money and buy a CRF100, do a few mods to it and keep it as a pit/weekend fun bike. There's a few good places to ride pit bikes just down from my house, there's a whole 4wd track, that's a lot of fun.
I have my CT110 to get me about anyway, always good fun.

What pit bike are there that are similar to a CRF100?
Like in size, big wheel or larger frame
Doesn't have to be 100cc

The bigger frame bikes are normally TTR110 style such as the Pitsterpro Lxr, Ciniworx, Dirtmax, Atomik CompL and the Motovert/Psto.

I'm having a look at a BSE 160cc BW for $800
I just like the size of CRF100's, lots of mods, pretty cheap I've seen them go for $1100

Last edited:
Buy a crf100, get a hold of an old 70's xl100 (or sl100, ct125, etc) complianced frame ( pretty cheap like under $100, i bought a late 70s xl100 minus the tank and forks for $150)), mod it to take a mono shock and whatever other brackets needed for tank, seat and plastics(could even cut brackets and subframe of the crf frame) and you'll have a registerable crf100.

oh my lord that sounds amazing
But wouldn't the engine not be legal?

Could I get a bigger engine and put it in?

I wouldn't mind the rx but palm beach is a bit far out. I might just stick with the crf100 as a pit bike and the ct110 as my road bike. Not sure though if I find an rx that's close and decent price ill go for it

Latest posts

Back