strongest 12 inch rim for rear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny_Boi85

Reaction score
hi guys I've got an 150cc atomik nitrous and have just broken spokes on my rear 12 rim. I am wanting to purchase a new rim but want to make sure I buy a stronger one then the cheap and nasty one that came with the bike has anyone got a clue to what I should buy or look for in a rim

hi guys I've got an 150cc atomik nitrous and have just broken spokes on my rear 12 rim. I am wanting to purchase a new rim but want to make sure I buy a stronger one then the cheap and nasty one that came with the bike has anyone got a clue to what I should buy or look for in a rim

Check DHZ, They have rims.

Could go with these, Expensive but quality.

PitsterPRO 12" Rear & 14" Front Wheel Set

Or just the normal ones for DHZ

Alloy 12" Rear Rim 1.85 wide, 15mm Axle Hub

I've been running DHZ rims and hubs for awhile and they are still going strong, are you sure you have been tightening the spokes to a desired tension evenly?

Have you been doubling anyone?

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

ROTN50 i havnt doubled anyone and CARLTS the spokes started to become loose as soon as i got the bike after the first ride or two. I tightend them but im no expert so i may have done it wrong.

All good mate, I doubled someone once and my rim just destroyed itself. The loose spokes did it, the same rim will be fine, you prob got one that had loose spokes to start with.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

yeah your probably right i just know **** all about this stuff i just know how to ride lol. might just get one of the DHZ ones if the axle, spocket and disk will fit.

proberly just spokes. when you tighten spokes skip 1 spoke each time you tighten one, stops wheel from going untrued

but the billet hubs set that dhz have should fit and work well, the have on my motovert. ask for the spaces to there different to your current ones
as for the LXR rims there proberly the strongest out of the china rims but you'll need to change it to suit your bike, not sure if the disc works with your brakes and you'll need custom spacers

cool thanks for that I will let u guys know if I run into any dramas with the dhz rim when it gets here and I have time to fit it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back