Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
G'day,

Just running in a new bike (pitster pro LX) and found that after 20 mins my rear brakes decided to stick. Feels like the brake is half on, preventing the wheel to turn freely.

When I let the bike cool, it when back to normal.

Anyone experienced this before? Is it common for brake pads or discs to expand when hot??

Anyone care to shed some light?

hey mate ive never heard of that happening, maybe you just got dirt or a stick stuck somewhere in the works?

if it keeps happening then maybe try bleeding the brakes and see if that helps.

Cheers for the reply twisties.

Definately nothing stuck, had that burning pad smell, so there's some drag there, and the braking unit got real hot.

Will have to play around with it.

Cheers

pitster pro's are crap...Atomik's are where its at in the mini world now mate;)

^^hahaha that is absolute bullshit XR160R pitster shits all over atomik.

is the break pads touching the disc??? since it's a new bike it might just have to be worn in a bit more.

bulldog you are a deadset idiot.

Prices prove it all. pitster lx is $3500 and atomik is $750....duhhhh use your head..

Pitser have a DNM shock...pretty flimsy if you ask me.....atomik's carry an elka shock!

Pitser use some GPX forks...pritty chepa if you ask me...atomiks have fully dialed in marzocchi's

XR160R wtf are you trying to do here??
you need to slow down on those acid trips man cuz you're acting straight up retarded. I know you're you're not actually stupid enough to believe what you're saying

mazochi forks are worth the sam as an atomik
and as for there rear shocks there lucky to hold up someone just sitting on them

Bulldog93,

I think you may be correct. A little more wearing in will be the go, altho I have never experienced this before. No biggie.

I think they are touching the disc a bit, so might have to make some adjustments, kinda don't expect to have to do that tho, when you first get a new bike. Ah well. Thought there may be another explanation, but I guess it's quite simple really.

XR160R enjoy the atomic mate

Has happened to me before. Try loosening the little nut that's on the back of the brake petal so that the brake has more movement and so the pads aren't rubbing against the disk.

Might not be that but try it ??

i think they've got those floating calipers yeah

they get really hot regardless of what you do

ya gunna have to bleed a bit of fluid out get some good stuff in there and set them so you have no rear brakes when the brakes are cold well maybe not that extreme but the ciniworx expert has those floating rear brakes and the same thing has happend to them

i'll stick with my fixed setup they work good not that i use them

edit: ya might wanna have a quick look at the spaceing as well you might find the caliper hasn't got enough float for where your disc is sitting a washer in the right spot will help ya out there

Prices prove it all. pitster lx is $3500 and atomik is $750....duhhhh use your head..

Pitser have a DNM shock...pretty flimsy if you ask me.....atomik's carry an elka shock!

Pitser use some GPX forks...pritty chepa if you ask me...atomiks have fully dialed in marzocchi's

:eek:omg you are a f'ing retard

Problem solved!

Coolmodee01, that washer trick is so simple yet a goodie.

Thanks guys.

:eek:omg you are a f'ing retard

you said it

bahahahahahahahahaha start a poll mate if you like but it'll be useless because everyone on this site that knows anything about bikes knows that the pitsterpro is much much better then an atomik, 1) it has a much better build quality, 2) the engine won't shit it's self after a couple of laps around the track, 3) you can jump this thing 40ft and the frame won't snap in half, 4) it's just a much better bike then an atomik.

thats good to know that you fixed it cutters

This has to justify a tool of the week award?

Atomik's carry an Elka. I thought I had heard it all. :p

i think the disc's may have work on an angle.. thats what happend to mine.. i was going to but new pads but then i just rode it without my back break and eventually they freed up nd striatended up.. unless you wheel is completely locked on?!?

Hey coolie, I am sure I'll see you at the track soon. But don't go makin any assumptions, I haven't ridden in 3 years, and these little bike are a little different to ride so you may just be whippin my butt!

DHZ140, thanks for the reply. I think you are correct. After a bit of fiddling around the pads were still dragging, however when I took it out again they didn't lock up. Just a bit of wearing in I think. I probably got too anxious and shoulda waited a few rides before I posted the question... :p

Latest posts

Back