Stunting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worm

Reaction score
If anyone thinks this is in appropriate please remove

I have been watching some guys race @ my local go kart track and when they ride through the pits they seem to be able to do stoppies and wheelies with ease.
I have tried a couple of times (wheelie) and struggle to keep the front wheel up. Im not sure if all the lifan engines are the same but mine seems to have a VERY short 1st gear, so I get it up and then have to change almost instantly.
I also slide of the seat and end up standing up with the bike on one wheel chasing it down the rd lol

What techniques do ppl use to do tricks safely and without stressing the bike to much?

i always find this a good way to start
11.jpg

111.jpg

how do u get it up in the first place, iv tryed from a standing start and popping the cluch, or rolling slowly and slicingthe throtle. whats the easyest way to start?

i usually pop the clutch going to second, put my weight at the rear and give it a slight tug! well, i used to do it in from 1st-2nd but now i can do it in any gear... its all about patients, balance and allot of practice! dont bother dragging your feet thats gay

ride 1st flat out untill high revs change gears , lean back, bounce on the forks throttle n pull back and then star playn around with the thorttle and get control and balance

how do u get it up in the first place, iv tryed from a standing start and popping the cluch, or rolling slowly and slicingthe throtle. whats the easyest way to start?

Going from sitting still to reving it and dumping the clutch gets it up really easy but its hard to keep it going.

If you have a 10 inch rear wheel they are the best for wheelies and you can do them in any gear, just be rolling along at a moderate speed, rev it off its head and dump the clutch, then simply use the throttle to balance the bike.

if i did that i would end up like that chick in ur avitar!

No you wont, because if you go to high, and you get scared hit the back break, and as you get to learn how yo use the back break when you start wheeling it acctualy helps you, to keep balanced

with my nitrous so far i can get 1st 2nd 3rd up- no clutch sitting down and standing up

YouTube - crf50 wheelie <-- me wheelie

Wheelies are ease, You dont need to clutch it, you just gotta preload it and rev at the correct time and then back off and balance, rev , coast , balance and rev ... and so on.

To preload the bike, cruse alone at a 1/3rd throttle back off as the bikes weight moves forward stab the throttle and the bike should lift up without a problem, if gearing isn't prefect or your motor is a 50cc stocker you might need to pull a little on the bar while stabing the gas. Dont do the feet drag because you'll have to relearn the correct balance point all over again.

i get her up in second, just keep fiddeling with the exalerator till i find the power, then pull up on the forks and exalerate, the power to weight ratio sould stick the front wheel up in the air,
i just need more practise on my balance... (allways seem to turn left)
but like jono said "you just gotta find the center of the weight in the bike" (or sumthin like that) lol
practice always makes perfect!

I usaully do what eichay does but most of the time i tip myself over to one side a bit so I lose balance so I prefer to clutch it because I am perfectly straight and I just need the throttle.

Also just remember that you balance point is when your bike is vertical, not 45 degrees. If you are past 45 degrees and feel like you are going to flip, you usaully wont.

Also just remember that you balance point is when your bike is vertical, not 45 degrees. If you are past 45 degrees and feel like you are going to flip, you usaully wont.

umm i think you will find balance point is when the weight in front of the balancing axis (rear wheel) is about equal to that behind it (taking leverage into account here) so i'm sad to have to inform you Sidney but if you hit 12 O'clock (vertical) on just about any bike you will have to be working the rear brake a fair bit to stop the bike toppling over backwards.

Where exactly the balance point is will vary from bike to bike and rider to rider. Basically when you hit balance point tho you won't need to accelerate or brake to keep that bike at that point, simply maintain your speed. You will also notice normally that the bike seems to get very light...

Latest posts

Back