Sudden loss of power while riding

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyunt

Reaction score
Hey i don't know whats wrong but when i accelerate up my drive way which is on a small hill i get about half way up and it then seems to loose power then suddenly regain it's power again and lunges forward even if i keep the throttle up!

i don't know whats wrong? please help

it's an Atomik Pro x and how do i clean the carby? is there a vid or something out there?

mate i had the same prob on my atomik prox. i took it to atomik yestaday they finished it today im goin to pick it up 2moz. the guy i no that done it said the bike was running to rich.. and he put a 06 mod CDI in it. if your in melb take it to them

how much does it cost? and if it's running to rich can't i just use those screws?
and whats the CDI do:p

cheers

is it free even if i bought it second hand from a guy who bought it from there???
lol :D

hey mate i all ready got you i think im the one who was gonna buy your bike, and the one who just sent you pics and you sent me your pics! :eek:

Simply take you air filter off and clean it in fuel . my old bike use to do the same thing because i put to thick airfilter oil on it making the airflow slow down

my bike duz this to, if its not the air filter its running rich.
i need to get mine fixed, anybody got suggestions for a 26mm mikuni, like what shop i could take it to, or were the damn screw is?

the csrew is at the back underneath near all the cooling fins on the engine, you'll need a special screw driver to get to it or just take it off and do it.

Hey i think have found the screw but it's not there! here is a pic, is this were the screw should be?:confused:

PIC ^^^^^

Last edited:
Yeah thats the idle screw, dont know about the others...

The most likely problem is ure carb is dirty. Clean it out and se what happens. But one of my friends bikes was doing the same and he had to buy a new carby so good luck!

na sik i fixed it yesturday. i snapped my throttle cable so i had to remove the needle to change it. so i also moved the 'e-clip' up two notches to lean it out, and now she's running perfect!:D

Latest posts

Back