suspension help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mud bike

Reaction score
stiff suspension

Hey guys i was wondering how to make my suspension more bouncy,i have a 2006 model orion and the rear suspension hardly moves.
Can i make it move more or should i just get a new spring
thanxs guyshttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-2006-125cc-KAWASAKI-GREEN-JNR-ORION-DIRT-BIKE_W0QQitemZ320003415944QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32074QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the link above is for the bike ive got.

extend the spring, by unscrewing the big nut until you like it

I did that but its still really stiff.
Any other things I could try guys.
thanx

First make sure the shock mounting bolts aren't binding the shock in the mount. Second, I think if you screw the entire top cap off the shock there is a valve hidden under there that you could release some pressure. Some one with one of these and some mechanical savvy could confirm this? Also these bikes often ship with mega poundage in the tyres and make the ride very harsh. I run 12 and 14psi. Improves grip considerably. But if you ride hard you need to fit a rim lock running these pressures. Still I've seen tyres in china bikes with 40 psi and can be safely reduced to 18 -20 psi.

orions tend to be like this out of the box...the spring is to heavy...
But give it a few weeks it eases off a little although not much.

On second thought had a look at your shock..
-You do have a valve (unscrew at top end you will not break as the spring is heal in ......(I might have pictures at the office if I do i will post here)
-Bad news it will not do shit if you empty it ...There is minimal pressure in there
-The spring is to stiff...
-Good news you can replace the spring and it will fix your problem
We dont have any in stock but around $40 should get you a great spring...

Good Luck

Elstars

had the same prob with my bike. It was coz i over tightened the swing arm pivot point aswell as other pivot points and it locked up and would hardly move at all. So i took it all apart and put some heavy duty marine grease on all the bearings and bushes (full of sand and water after 1 ride.. got seals? lol) and how ive got alot more movement and alot smoother ride.

Illusive is right, spring way too heavy I think they have 1000 lb spring and 600 lb is more the ideal. and yeah i didn't know if the valve would do much or not. These shocks have a solid rubber bush which doesn't allow much turn because the shock is designed for a very straight compression between two points. Some of these bikes have a mounting position which requires a fair turning of the bush when compressed and need something with a sleeve which will rotate freely through 360 degrees (like a fastace for eg.) I have seen a lot of all types of china bikes suffer from the shock mounting points binding with the cheaper shocks. Also can cause the main shaft to bend if you land it hard. You may notice the shock mounts have to be pulled in to tighten up and this can be what causes further binding. The best fix is try and fit a washer either side and grease it all up. Test the shock moves freely with each end bolted up.

hey the other day i was ridin down at me spot n just did a few little jumps and i kept hearing this scraping noise when i landed. was this because my suspension or forks were bottoming out? can any1 please help either by telling me how to tighten the suspension or wateva thanks

if you were bottoming out you would have heard a clunk.

the best way to test to find the scrape sound is to sit on the bike and bounce it hard whilst having a mate listen closely around different areas.

could be your suspension try setting the presag heavier by tighening the nut on your shock the one that holds the spring in place otherwise you might wanna look into getting a heavier spring or a new shock

if in fact u are bottoming out i wouldnt try fixing it i wouldjust look into getting a heavier duty dpring

Like the others said if it was the shocks giving out youd know as it would jar as you landed and give a more of a clunk noise. It may just be the plastics scraping on something, Or maybe some of the interals have come loose.
Oh and this might sound stupid... but its happened to me before, make sure you check or sticks and shit caught around and in the bike (yes i kno youve prob checked, but my bro was complaing about the same noise and it was cause a stick was suck up under the plastics near the motor lol)

suspension

hey my pit bikes suspension is 100 times to stiff anyone have any sugestions thanks

just let it be because it will loosen up and un stiffen soon.. OR you could get thinner oil for the front forks

Suspension queries

Front suspension knocks when all the way out. This happens when jumping or just standing there pulling the bars up. Is there something wrong or should I just replace oil like I read in on of the threads?

Rear suspension is quite soft and seams to bottom out. Should I just put more gas in or should I also adjust the settings on the rear shock?

By the way i'm 75kg if that helps.

Cheers

If the rear is bottoming out you need a stiffer spring rate, more gas will just push it back quicker, wont stop bottom out.

I had that problem with my fronts
probebly best to upgrade to name brand fronts or spendthe dosh and get them redone to suit ur needs

just a thought
dave

So does a stiffer spring rate mean tightening of my spring so it is more wound up? I do reckon it neads to be stiffer in the rear as when I ride i'm constantly bouncing. I'm used to road bikes and i have that set up pretty stiff as i'd rather feel whats going on in the rear than get bounced around.

I got two options with the front from pitbike mullisha which is cheaper name brand or getting them redone. Any ideas on price?

Latest posts

Back