Suspension, Whats the go?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
Alright, Went riding on a local full-size dirtbike track the other day, went flat out 3rd gear in a deep whoops-section when a loud *CLUNK* was heard, My shock had completly blown, the oil spewed everywhere and the seal was ripped to shreds, considering this was the original shitty china suspension I'm impressed it has lasted a good year and a half of thrashing, although it had the feel of a trampoline the last year, AND I've had to weld my frame together at the base of the lower shock-mount.....

anyways, I'm looking on flee-bay for a new setup, both forks and shock, and all I see are the "No-name" brands and fast-ace ones, this makes me wonder : have anyone here tried or heard of anyone adapting the shock and forks from a real 80\85cc dirtbike like a CR or KX?
I'm a tall guy and my bike is a midsize so the setup would be gold for me and used shocks and forks are plentyful and fairly cheap but I'm not sure about how much work it would involve making it fit.

anyone care to throw in theire 2 cents?

I got like 5 bikes so I wanna spend as little as possible, I don't wanna dump a lot of cash into the pitty, thats why I'm thinking of adapting the suspension from a KX\CR\YZ or RM 80.

its been done, have a look at planetminis they have heaps of threads on conversions like a klx/ktm bike and heaps more

Latest posts

Back