Suzuki JR50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitmaster

Reaction score
Anyone think these are good bikes for kids?

i was getting a crf50 for my son, but saw i can get a JR50 2007 for $999 on sale,

plus its 2 stroke Braaaappp Braaaapppp:D

any thoughts?

Great 4 kids, like the PW50 but the only problem i see with them is that you will have to buy another bike once they want to start learning the gears.

thats why crf's are a good option semi auto not fully

yeh if ya can teach him to ride a semi manual then yeh, for sure get the crf but yeh, as they said he will grow out of the jr50 after maybe a couple of months if he is talented.
cheers

thanks for the replys fellas,

going to look at a 2006 CRF50 in 30 mins time:D

i was at auctions yesty and 2006 crf50 with red baron bar kit... imac cond. went for $750... pitty i didnt have my card on me :( would have sold it for double :D

^^whoa crap, that is an un-believable price, u could have bought it and sold it the same day for like double!! LOL

yes i agreee with everyone, he might grow out out of it reaaly quickly, the jr 80 is another option they are mad. good fun to ride plus plenty of power for there size. but all and all i would go the crf :)

thanks for the advice guys,

i looked at them both, and taking into consideration hes not only 3.8 years old the crf50 didnt suit him now,

the JR just suited him better, better controls on it for a kid, adjustable handle bar height etc,

so we got him the JR50 now, and thatll will keep him happy to hes at the age where gear changing etc will come into it, hes got 2 or so years now to really get the hang of riding, than once hes passed that and wants gears and is around 6yrs than he'll upgrade to a crf50, (the dealer said 4yr and under is not suited to a crf anyway) they are mainly for 6+ cause the seat height is better suited to that age,

anyway hes super stoked, the drive home (1.5hr) he wouldnt stop talking about it:D

^^whoa crap, that is an un-believable price, u could have bought it and sold it the same day for like double!! LOL

Did you actually read KTM's Post? ugh..

Thats awesome pitmaster mate, your kid will be doin 20ft tabletops in no time :D

Jr50

Anyone think these are good bikes for kids?

i was getting a crf50 for my son, but saw i can get a JR50 2007 for $999 on sale,

plus its 2 stroke Braaaappp Braaaapppp:D

any thoughts?

Were did u get a jr50 for $999. was that new

Yep ended up getting ing a JR50 New for $999, Peter Stevens had em out last year on sale (they got into a bit of trouble for selling them below cost price,)

Its turned out a awesome bike, havent had a single problem with it so far, it just keeps going going going!

Stick the little fella on a KTM 50 adventure or a KTM mini 50SX if you want him to race.

Latest posts

Back