Swap my LXR for a 4T 250?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm good question, I honestly couldn't answer that, my brain says 2smoke my body say 4 (i found 4strokes to be much more easy on the body...) And the link is
Wakefield trackday 27-6-12 - YouTube

if you go back a couple of clips, theres one of me taking the mini for a run (only in begginer class) was initailly told i may be taken off the track if i was holding people up.....Needless to say, this didn't happen :)

Thats cool man. I love the ZX7's . So butch and manly! hehehehe Love the mini lap!
Hmm... dunno ... Maybe I could handle a 250 zinger..

If ya planning on riding in the bush and ya have the coin I'd go for a exc, crfx or wrf...I had two 250f mxer's an rmz250 and kx250f...I loved the kxf but wasn't really that enjoyable in the bush...too snappy for the tight stuff and ergo's not ideal for long trail rides and runs out of legs way too quick wen ya got a nice open trail to open her up on...awesome on the track tho....nothin like being in the middle of the bush n ya stall it for whatever reason n she decides to throw a tantrum n doesn't wanna start n u wish ya had electric start...one of me mates had a cr250 and Ktm 200exc n he reckoned the ktm was far better hands down with plenty of power, nice and light too

Just my opinion as I wen I was riding bush I always wished I had of gone the enduro route...I'd still consider a 250 2moke as a cheaper option as ya can pick em up pretty cheap

Good luck mate

Thanks Nemo . In the beginning I wanted a WR450. A couple of reasons. 1. It is registerable. 2 very reliable and not so maintenance intensive as a mxer...an3 but of a do it all kind of bike. Maybe that's still three way to go... but then I'm loving mx at the mo, and maybe the WR it's not up to track work?:confused:

I don't have anything to swap but if your keen to sell I'm very interested??

Last edited:
i recon your best bet is you realy want to get a big bike and a 50, is to just sell your lxr (be hard to find someone wanting to swap)

And if i was you i wouldnt go a 250 2stroke straight away to much power i recon! (since your still learning dirt skills)

Either get a 125 2stroke or a 250 4stroke :)

Yeah I reckon u r right Thomas. After being out at qmp yesterday.. the 2 strokes were not doing it do me , and I just love the sound and offer delivery of a four stroke... 250 4T has the torque... so suits my riding style. I like to be smooth on the gas. Cheers guys

I ride an 08 YZ125. Its got the topend power but lacks alot.

My mates 05 YZ250 has all the power and powerband in that thing is awesome!

I've riden the YZF250 and didn't like it. Felt to slugish for me since Im use to the "hit" of powerband kicking in.

The CRF450 I rode was awesome fun. had that hit of power you need in some spots but is also as smooth as your right hand wants it to be.

IF you plan to do trails, tracks I'd be going the EXC, WRF or CRFX purly because they're registable and they can cope on track too. Don't forget about the TTR, DRZ, XR and the likes of them. Might be old but they can go pretty good too if you know how to tune and don't mind abit of tinkering.

Thanks for the info Bulldog. Met a 50+ year old at QMP on the weekend, that just bought a KTM 450sx after 20 years off a bike! He hasn't killed himself yet! I'm sure I would be able to restrain myself. hehehe. Dunno. Yeah actually I like the old XR's, and know very well their worth, but sorry, I just dont' think I can bring myself to ride something so ugly! :) I'm very partial to the WRF's. Pretty bullet proof, not as maintenance intensive, as the CRF's etc, and look decent. Guess, It all comes down to the riding.

Latest posts

Back