t

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
count how many teeth your rear sprocket has, say it has 50 teeth if you want more top end you must go to a smaller size such as 46.

But with a smaller rear you will lose acceleration to gain top end. If you want better acceleration, and top end you have to buy some mods.

Yes it it means 14 teeth on the front sprocket and 37 teeth on the rear sprocket? Your current chain will work but adjust chain tensioners. You could try a 35 or something like that on the back but you will lose acceleration.

what i have noticed with the 125cc thumpers ect is they do have plenty of low end torque so by reducing the rear sprocket size down a few teeth should still give this engine the needed power torque for starts, i do know 1st gear on these bikes is ratioed quite low, so you could try either a larger front or a smaller rear. i have a 125cc provert coming in for some mods shortly and i will let you know the gearing on this.

if you live in sydney there is motor cross madness in liver pool and rrp in south st marys just as you get of the highway its near subway and pitza heaven

Hey from memory the standard Orion 125cc uses a 48 tooth rear sprocket. We have in stock a 38 tooth to fit you will gain top end.
Alternatively putting a bigger front will do the trick
The 38 wrorks a treat i have it on ,mine. As the Orions are so closely ratiod it wont really kill your bottom end and you might start using first gear again :)

It will cost $25 plus postage od $10 overnight ..

Cheers and good luck
http://www.elstarproducts.com.au/parts_accessories.php?cat=parts&sub=chains_sprockets

i would go for the 34 rear as you are making a 3 tooth change, this is the same as going 1 tooth change to the front sprocket, changing only 2 teeth is not much. i must say be carefull when going to higher speeds on these bikes for your own safety.

:lol: you will always be able to do a mono, but say if you do it in 3rd and 4th like myself it would have changed and it say 2nd would be more of a 3rd and 3rd would be more of a 4th if you know what i mean

your bike should go well with either the 34 or 32 rear sprocket but remember you will have more chain drag on the swing arm which will cause excessive wear on the arms slider. i would go the 34 and also go up 1 size on the front sprocket.

you should forget the top maximum speed on these dirt bikes and concentrate on good torque / power throughout the gears and rev range, these bikes are not road bikes so be carefull.

Latest posts

Back