Take care out there guys

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylands Performance

Reaction score
Hey all.
We sold a pair of pittys to 2 guys last week and while we were finalising the sale the 2 guys filled me in on how they were going to tear back home to Elizabeth/Smithfield unload the bikes and run them in by blasting up and down the streets/walking paths and thru a local park.When I shook my head and told them Please Dont ,"Bad Idea Guys" they looked at me as if I was mad.
Well ! A few days later the same 2 guys rocked up,one of them with a bandaged wrist.Turns out they did take the bikes out to the local pushy/pedestrian path and have been blasting up and down the same path full throttle every day.Only problem is Wed nite as they rode the same path as usual and pinned the throttle over a foot bridge and around a blind left hand turn ANOTHER guy on a Pitty was coming back the other way doing the same thing.You guessed right they hit headon.My customers helmet flew off in the crash,he copped a very sore wrist[possible Scaphoid break,cuts etc.The other rider sustained a broken collar bone,possible broken arm,lots of cuts & bruises .Both bikes involved are knocked around pretty badly too !!
Both these "Gooses" are lucky to be alive today and walking around still.
Sure I make more sales on bike parts in a situation like this ,but its not a nice way to do it..
No wonder the cops are coming down hard on Pitty riders across Aust.

Please take care fellow Pitty riders [Dont ride thru kids parks etc]

Cheers Brian

iam all for the cops cracking down on pitys on the streets, they have no place on the streets, and $1500 fines being thrown out is great IMO,

theres a time and place to ride these bikes, and the streets are no one!!!!

all i can say is luckily it was only the 2 wankers riding them stupidely that got hurt,

my cousin is a cop is Adelaide, and they no longer give any warnings for riding on the streets, its a instant $1500 fine, no excuses they are giving now, that includes, roads/parks/car parks etc

they now let us roll in the carpark after hours in my town.

but public area's like parks n such are not the place for mini's

iam all for the cops cracking down on pitys on the streets, they have no place on the streets, and $1500 fines being thrown out is great IMO,

theres a time and place to ride these bikes, and the streets are no one!!!!

all i can say is luckily it was only the 2 wankers riding them stupidely that got hurt,

my cousin is a cop is Adelaide, and they no longer give any warnings for riding on the streets, its a instant $1500 fine, no excuses they are giving now, that includes, roads/parks/car parks etc

I'm all for that. We don't need the wankers giving us all a bad name

Brian, does that mean there are two bike available for spare parts now LOL

Ive been to that path btw, used to ride my pushy there when I was 7, good times! :)

Haha, You told em not to and what did they do? Went straight ahead.. Next time everyone should listen to the guy from Maylands Performance :LISTEN:

Well as harsh as it sounds, serves them right. I have no time whatsoever for dickheads riding around suburban areas like that. If you dont have a legitimate and legal area to ride your bike, don't buy one. It could have been someone on a bicycle or a pedestrian that they hit and hurt. Things could have been a whole lot worse then. It pisses me off so much that so many people with bikes ride them around like complete dickheads in illegal areas. The cops need to shoot first and ask questions later i reckon...

sorry to say this guys and shoot me down if you want but this is one bad product of chinese bikes in the market place. People with not many dollars and even less sense can afford to buy bikes. this is getting out of control guys. If you are going to buy a pitty then act responsibly.

sorry to say this guys and shoot me down if you want but this is one bad product of chinese bikes in the market place. People with not many dollars and even less sense can afford to buy bikes. this is getting out of control guys. If you are going to buy a pitty then act responsibly.

Absolutely right. It's all the yobbos that don't know how to act responsibly that ruin it for everybody. Same thing has happened with MX. Years ago you could go and ride tracks any day of the week. Now its official days only and these seem to be becoming few and far between :mad:

You guys are so right, the fact that any dickhead bogan can go out and get a pretty decent bike for only $1000 or under makes it so easy for dickheads to have a bike and dickheads will always be dickheads. It happens with all sports but it seems especially bad with mini bikes because of the ease of access to cheap equipment and the fact that these wankers see any open public park or area as a riding spot. I hope all these wankers get caught and get whats coming to them.

There's a knob just down the road from me on a stuffed pitty, don't know what it is as the thing has no plastics left on it other than the tank covers, no muffler on it either, so at least you can hear him coming, but he hauls arse down the footpath a few times a week, my garage opens directly onto the footpath, and i have two kids under 4, they know that when the garage is open they are not to wander out past the nature strip, but now i have to tell them that they have to stay inside the garage and aren't allowed to step out unless they are holding my hand incase this knob tears past at 60kph, i'm tempted to push my wheelie bin out infront of him next time i hear him coming. and i've ridden road and dirt bikes for many years, and tolorate, actually enjoy, hooning and loud vehicles, in the right place and times, imagine what your avarage bike hating nut wants to do to these kids?

There's a knob just down the road from me on a stuffed pitty, don't know what it is as the thing has no plastics left on it other than the tank covers, no muffler on it either, ...

... i'm tempted to push my wheelie bin out infront of him next time i hear him coming.

At least video tape it and host it on youtube. lol

Latest posts

Back