taking the baffel out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky77

Reaction score
hey i really wanna take the baffel out of my exaust the the only probly is is that its pop riveted so i was thinking of drilling it out wld that work or is it not a good idea it just seems like the air is to restricted and wanna make the whole bigger andy help wld be great i put a pik on here hopefully it helps

cheers:D

fh.jpg

or the link is

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/bodyboarder_rizza321/fh.jpg

yer you could do that you would just have to pop rivit it back on agian but it doesnt look like there is much in there and the bike would need to have some restiction in the exaust any way its hard to expian but a litle bit of back pressure is a good thing if you want me try to expain it i will try

Yeh your probably best just drilling out the rivets and pulling the tip off. Then ull hve to look at how that restrictor is set in there, you may just be able to take it out or u might have to grind it out and then pop rivet back on. Beware though it will make the bike louder and if your riding around built up areas its probably gunna just piss eveyone off even more than usual

hopefully its that simple it just sounds really shit with it in. my mate has the same bike but with the thing out and it sounds so good

mate me and my bro took his one out a little while ago.

first we drilled the pop rivets out took the back off the exhaust
then when bent the gay flismy outer bit back and forward till the tacks snapped
next you have to get out the pipe that is welded in the hole this was a bit a pain but we finally got it out and enlarged the hole a little
stuck the whole thing back together with better packing and pop riveted it back together again

the exhaust is now quieter due to the better packing and there is less ari restriction.

my bro said that it hasnt made any difference so i dunno if it is worth while and i have read somewhere that the engines need a little back pressure like it was said before

up to you wether ya do it my bros bike does sound better now though.

some high temp fibreglass blanket stuff, my dad had lying around. think most motorbike shops should have it otherwise just stick your old crap back in with masking tap to hold it together.

Any Motocross type shop has packing. use gloves because the fibres get into your fingers (don't breath any fibres in)

Latest posts

Back