Taking the plunge!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teapot

Reaction score
So I've been thinking of it for a few years now, looking to make my way to Australia in January 2014, I have a friend in Melbourne so that's where I'm heading but I'd like to keep in touch with the mini bikes!

If anyone has any help or advice on places to stay I'd love to hear. Plan will be to look for work and hope something more permanent comes of it.

Just thought I'd put it out there...

Well living is pretty bloody expensive, eg rent a medioka house runs you 350 -400 a week..
Cops in the city are usually out to write tickets most of the time
weathers pretty annoying but i guess thats nothing coming from uk

If you want to keep in the mini scene there is a large one down here (so i hear :p) with vcm fast 50 class and heaps of cool people from MR in it..
there is a group of us that go down to frankston mx track, phill67 goes down usually every weekend and a couple of us join when we can

Thanks for the reply dude. I get cost of living is higher but in the uk its high and we see nothing for it. I've not got a trade but a few friends in the same position have gone out on working holiday visas and managed to stay. If I don't try now I never will!

What's the mini bike scene over there doing at the moment? It's definitely growing over here but we're too limited with red tape :(

Last edited:
If the authorities get any softer you will probably get away with it :)
or the pollies will get involved and make visas a thing of the past..

whats hard about getting the correct visas and stuff?

I work in printing but isn't a trade and no idea if my qualifications are recognised over there the visa info doesn't list it. No problem getting a working holiday visa but I can only work for the same company for 6 months max on that

Thanks again

Hey buddy, where does your mate live in Melbourne? Plenty of printing jobs here too, what kind of printing do you do?

In the city! (Narrows it down I know haha) I'm waiting to hear from him as we've not spoken for a while. I run the Reprographics department at EDF Energy's main office over here but no idea if its recognised there

Thanks again

Hey teapot. That's cool as. Definitely mini bike revival going on again here too. Right up the east coast there is riding and racing going on. Travel distances are a bit further than in the UK though. Hope you make it out here.

Hay teapot.
There has bean some great minibike racing around victoria this year with VCM series , Qld boys fort lyton big evants going down there! Nsw there Big race for next weeknd at kurri kurri :) for minibikes
So there fair bit going on witch is very exciteing for all us big minibike FAN'S!

Hey teapot. That's cool as. Definitely mini bike revival going on again here too. Right up the east coast there is riding and racing going on. Travel distances are a bit further than in the UK though. Hope you make it out here.
Thanks for the info dude my main worry is work, been talking to Andrea Smith who's said to keep in touch, will have to play it by ear to some extent but I'd rather not just come out hoping for the best! Hopefully meet a few of you in the next year! A bit if travelling would be sweet I'm already thinking of how to get my klx over haha

Hay teapot.
There has bean some great minibike racing around victoria this year with VCM series , Qld boys fort lyton big evants going down there! Nsw there Big race for next weeknd at kurri kurri :) for minibikes
So there fair bit going on witch is very exciteing for all us big minibike FAN'S!
Plenty going on then! It's gotta be bigger than here as we're such a small island! Lol

Andrea is everyone's mum when they come to oz, she will sort ya out. If u end up staying with them I will take u riding every weekend if you want. Close to the track and my place. I live 2 minutes away.
Word of advice, we don't drink warm beer here,hahah

Andrea is everyone's mum when they come to oz, she will sort ya out. If u end up staying with them I will take u riding every weekend if you want. Close to the track and my place. I live 2 minutes away.
Word of advice, we don't drink warm beer here,hahah
yes she seems spot on, she's said to keep in touch and let them know my plans- would be awesome to get involved with braaap for a bit if nothing else just to meet some new people!

looking at best ways/places to stay accommodation wise at the moment!

cheers dude!

Latest posts

Back