TB race head issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I would take ya on that offer although I have a 28mm ok and the intake is 27 mm I will hone either end to suit. The reason it hit is because it is a crf style head which the intake port is flat and the new klx head is angled towards the engine so the old manifold angles the carby towards the engine and won't fit on. I do have pics just don't know how to put them up.
we get what you mean mate, but to put pics up (if your on pc) on the quickreply there is a icon of a picture on the top of the editor and click that browse for the pic and press upload image(s) too easy

instead of just honing the end of the manifold you may aswell open it up with a dremel and some time and patience im pretty sure thats a common practice *but still leave some meat on it to take the weight of the carb*

Got a 26mm manifold for the moment, and run in the new head and rings. Engine pulls hard after half way but bottom end not good yet. Bit of tunning on carb and should fix it up better. Now the clutch is slipping with extra power!

The s35 cam will cause that also mate, may need to get a s25 which helps with bottom end, my V2 headed hi-comp 155 has tragic bottom end and must be ridden at mid to hi revs continuously, if I come into a corner I need to go down a gear to keep revs up, it actually feels like turbo lag until the revs pick up and when it does it absolutely goes rank, ive had a few blokes ride it and they loved the way it is so doey but once the cam kicks in it is awesome for a stock sized barrel engine.

Yep that's what's happening. I may look at the s25 cam as I do a lot of trail riding. I gotta keep revs up too and shift down alot for cornering. Carnt quite cruze on it ya gotta be either on the throttle or off it!

Yep that's what's happening. I may look at the s25 cam as I do a lot of trail riding. I gotta keep revs up too and shift down alot for cornering. Carnt quite cruze on it ya gotta be either on the throttle or off it!
or maybe even a big bore?
yeah i have to slip the clutch ride like a hooligan on the limiter till the next corner

Latest posts

Back