tdr pro mini quad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revmx_89

Reaction score
hey guys and girls some of you may know i have just got my son his first bike as the title states its a tdr pro 49cc mini quad. Now i have only had it for a few hours and my son has been riding it all day now for a cheap bike they are a good bike i cant say to much on reliability yet but from what i have heard the only real problem they have is the clutch will burn out quick on them but for $10 bucks and maybe 30 min work who cares if you have to do it every 2 or 3 months.

So for any body thinking of buying one for your kids i can say it is worth every cent i spent on it. I have had a few small problems with it and they are.

1. one of the wires was earthing out on the frame a little bit of electrical tape and that was fixed.
2. the chain was to big and fully adjusted so i removed a few links and that was fixed.
3. the spark plug was fouled up so i have cleaned it so now it runs sweet.

i think the reason for the spark plug to foul up so quick is because i have it governed that much just to keep it at just a little more than walking pace the motor dont like.
BRAKES
ok well this is what the bike has front brakes are twin disks they stop the bike great and a single disk on the back that works great .
MOTOR
the motor is a 49cc 2 stroke with plenty of get up and go to carry my fat ass around and it can be governed so that the younger kids can ride it.
SUSPENSION
suspension now i can say it is really stiff but i am hoping over time it will be come softer i dont think there is to much that can be done to it as it is only basic and i mean really basic.
HANDLE BARS
handle bars are not the best but will get you going i can see that they will need to be replaced and the grips are as hard as rocks so new grids and bars will come soon.
PLASTICS
the plastics on the mud guards are not the best on my sons bike 2 of the guards have broken already but i dont mind as i have taken the one off the front wheels.

so all in all for the price you can not go wrong in buying one.

i would like to add that i would recommend that these quads you limit them to lighter kids

i will have pics in the next day or two
p.s sorry for the crappy wright up as its my first time doing something like this so enjoy

Last edited:
Hi Revmx, how much did it cost ya?
i have a atomic one with 110cc single speed. and it only has drums in the from and single disc on the rear.
and it cost me around $450.+postage.
but i find the front suspension being so hard its not that comfy to ride off road.
and the front drum brakes dont really work that well, but the rear brake after a bleed they work fine.
one more question, does your quad vibrate pretty bad at high rpm? cos my does, but i had check all the bolts and anything i could think of. and couldnt find any thing loose.
maybe u can share your 2cents with me.
cheers

Hi Revmx, how much did it cost ya?
i have a atomic one with 110cc single speed. and it only has drums in the from and single disc on the rear.
and it cost me around $450.+postage.
but i find the front suspension being so hard its not that comfy to ride off road.
and the front drum brakes dont really work that well, but the rear brake after a bleed they work fine.
one more question, does your quad vibrate pretty bad at high rpm? cos my does, but i had check all the bolts and anything i could think of. and couldnt find any thing loose.
maybe u can share your 2cents with me.
cheers

well i paid 250 for it posted and my quad dont vibrate that much but only time will tell

+ Reps mate good to see people doing reviews makes it a lot easier for people to buy for themselfes and there kiddies :D

250 bucks! Thats it I'm on the bandwagon for a lil quad! He he. Great review!

gr8 deal for $250 shipped, but 49cc four stroke or 2?
and i think the 49cc are pretty small mate can u ride it comfy?
i think my 110cc is abit bigger than yours and i fit in there nicely.....:)
it was my toy but now that my 2yr old boy had seem it, he think is his.....hahahaha
and he knows how to start the bloody thing with the remote, likely it has a kill switch, and once i hit the kill swith it wouldnt start from the remote. which make it save.
if your has the remote u can let your kid ride it and just press the remote to kill the engine, when u want him to stop...hehehehe, when my kid gets older i am sure he will want to take the quad out asap.
if its still working that is.

hey mate its my sons bike not mine and its a 2 stroke like the review states it is way to small for me to ride but i will ride it anyway

yeh i bought a TDRpro 125cc knowing how bad they are, but if you look after them they can last just as long as a normal bike, mine has been through hell and back and is still running great!, i just make sure to maintain it every Ride ect, the only problem i get with mine is the handle bars bend cause there alloy u can just bend em back.

yeh i bought a TDRpro 125cc knowing how bad they are, but if you look after them they can last just as long as a normal bike, mine has been through hell and back and is still running great!, i just make sure to maintain it every Ride ect, the only problem i get with mine is the handle bars bend cause there alloy u can just bend em back.

hey mate if you read throw my review you would of seen thats i have mentioned about the bar but cheers for your 2 cents worth

Great review Jesse, I'll throw a few points in if you don't mind.
My kids have had there's 3 years this Chrissy and are still going strong, the kids have grown heaps in this time and still love riding them.
the clutch as you mentioned can be troublesome and I've found myself changing clutches every few months cause the kids tend to hold them flat when they become stuck and it burns them out real quick. I don't think you will have this prob just yet. And yeah at $10 each I don't mind doing it either.

the suspension will not change, it is non adjustable and very hard/stiff. I've had to replace 2 rear lower shock mounts ( eBay $4ea ) but this don't seem to bother the kids.

I've just done a twist throttle conversion on my sons as the thumb throttle on his was dodgy from day 1 so we'll see soon how he goes with that lol.

The steering where the tie rods connect to the main shaft bends from time to time usually after a hard hit

The spark plugs do foul up heaps, my thoughts was a combination of the 2stroke mix and again as you mentioned having them heavily govourned which does not allow them to rev enough.

Other than a that and a few flat tyres, they've been awesome bikes. they've been upside side down, on there sides, they've had the ass flogged outta them and the still start first pull.

Sorry if I've thread jacked, just trying to add some more info on them.

Again Jesse good work on the review mate. + reps for you :D

thanks mate that has helped alot i was hoping you would post something up like that cheers

Last edited:
ok guys and girls, my son has had a little bit more time to ride the bike i had i have had few little problems.
the bike was not even 24 hours old. had 2 clutch springs and snapped and the clutch it self shattered, so i have put a heavy duty clutch in now and running really good.
the governor is really touchy and for young kids that need it governed a lot you will find your self trying to get it set right for about an hour, i found that half a turn out and it would go to fast for my son and then quarter turn in and it would be to slow so i found finding the right speed to be hard.

so i hope this helps some of you looking at buying your kids a bike cheers jesse

ok guys and girls, my son has had a little bit more time to ride the bike i had i have had few little problems.
the bike was not even 24 hours old. had 2 clutch springs and snapped and the clutch it self shattered, so i have put a heavy duty clutch in now and running really good.
the governor is really touchy and for young kids that need it governed a lot you will find your self trying to get it set right for about an hour, i found that half a turn out and it would go to fast for my son and then quarter turn in and it would be to slow so i found finding the right speed to be hard.

so i hope this helps some of you looking at buying your kids a bike cheers jesse

What sort of clutch did you put in? was it a 2 shoe rather than 3? the 2 shoes are alot more heavy duty and can be adjusted.

hey,

i just bought one of these tdr pro quads for my little bloke 152+ postage off ebay all been good so far except for the chain keeps falling off i dont like the adjustable rear end.. could it be the chain too long?
my son also hates the thump throttle is there a conversion to keep the front brakes included?
also we have the older version that we bought last year from morisset mega market its been a really good bike only drama ive had was drain the water out of it that my kide put in it and the clutch...

Latest posts

Back