tdrpro suspension issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop88

Reaction score
hey guys i just got a tdrpro 125 and ive realised when im riding around it feels like the front end is lower than the back and i have to hold myself back on the seat. can i adjust the forks to lift the front up or should i adjust the rear shock to lower the back? thanks

Welcome to miniriders, Any pics mate? If the top of the forks are already flush with the the triple clamps then you cant raise the front, but if the forks are sticking out of the top of the top triple clamp then you can loosen the clamps and push them down so they are flush with the top clamp, on the rear even tightening the spring will only make the rear stiffer, you are still left with the same shock length, may have to measure the shock from the centre of the bolt hole to bolt hole and get a shorter shock, if it is a 290mm shock you would only want to go no more than 10-20mm, even 20mm off the back can be a big change and may have the opposite affect even though you could drop the front forks a bit to compensate.

hey mate thanks for the info. ive attacthed a pic (hopefully it worked) of my bike although you can't really tell from the pic. yeah the forks are flush with the top clamp so I can't do anything there. I think they've set it like that for a heavier rider that would weigh the back end down more. I spent most of the day riding around and playing with it and I think i'll be able to get used to how it is. We mainly got it so my girlfriend can get into riding. I taught her how to use the clutch and gears today and she had heaps of fun haha.
IMG_1521.JPG

Another way you could get out of it cheap would be to get some taller bar risers or some tall bmx bars it will feel like the front ends higher I did the same thing a while back with my nitrous and it helped.

I got one of them for my girlfriend, the rear shock is only 240mm so you can't get much smaller than that, and no descent front forks fit the steering column on the bike so don't bother with suspension. What I did was just buy new bars from dhz, there generic "dhz" brand bars are higher than the standard tdr bars and do a good job, way more comfortable feel on the bike and your knees don't hit the bars when you corner.

Latest posts

Back