Terra moto.. Battery wont charge!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terra-moto-Ash

Reaction score
gday everyone.

my problem is that my battery isnt charging when im riding, so i have to charge the battery every coulpe of rides with the charger so that the electirc start will work...
So i wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it??
the bike is a 2007 krusha terra moto..
Thanks, Ash

Id just get rid of the battery all together coz the electric start on pit bikes is joke and the battery is just extra weight u dont need

Pit bikes don't have altinaters, the parts that charges the battery in a car, hence why it isn't recharging.
I had the same problem, so there's nothing wrong with you bike.
you just need to charge it every now and again, I_Thump is right, there is no need for a elec start anyway, if you too lazy to kick it over, then don't bother.
it's just a little "perk" the makers put it to get people to buy their bikes...

no they dont have alternaters... they have stators which recharge the battery... it had worked for a year and i had never charged the battery with the battery charger and now it wont charge by its self.... there is somthing wrong with it....

With the engine idling put a multimeter on the battery leads, hold the revs at more than 3000rpm and see if the voltage rises,

If it does than its just a tired battery,

Replace the battery with a new one ($35)

If the voltage doesnt rise than its not charging and you have other issues,

The battery in my road registered Zed will last around 18months, than i have to start charging it every week, but than i just buy a new one and its good for another 18months,

Goodluck

With the engine idling put a multimeter on the battery leads, hold the revs at more than 3000rpm and see if the voltage rises,

If it does than its just a tired battery,

Replace the battery with a new one ($35)

If the voltage doesnt rise than its not charging and you have other issues,

The battery in my road registered Zed will last around 18months, than i have to start charging it every week, but than i just buy a new one and its good for another 18months,

Goodluck

yeh im with that

Latest posts

Back