Terra Moto electrics!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terra-moto-Ash

Reaction score
so here is how it is.. i brought a terra moto probley about 3 years ago and it went awsome as for about a year and a half and now all of the electrics and stuffed.. and only works when you have a fully charged battery in it so it can get a exicted spark.. but im looking to taking the starter motor and all the eletric stuff off it so i can just make it just kick start. so how do i fix it so it can get the spark off the magneto and has anynone else ever done this??
thanks heaps ash

Hmmm... By the sounds of things your electrics could be worse than you thought. The battery has nothing to do with getting spark. End of story. I'd suggest that before you go ripping stuff off that you just remove the battery and kick it over so you know that the bike will run. After that it's all pretty easy. There's only a few wires which need to stick around to keep the bike running. Post back when you've managed to start it without the battery.

The battery has absolutely nothing to do with spark. Maybe its just some strange coincidence that your bike won't run without the battery. But anyways... There will be 5 wires on your magneto of which you need 3 - A blue with white strip, a black with red stripe and a green. The yellow and the white charge your battery. The green goes to eart and the other go directly to your CDI. Thats it.

if its cdi, it doesnt need the battery...if it has points and a condensor, it does. and as points went out of fashion, um, in 1984 roughly...its cdi:)

try the search, all chinkers are much the same electrically...theres a lot of threads on them and the wiring:)

if its cdi, it doesnt need the battery...if it has points and a condensor, it does. and as points went out of fashion, um, in 1984 roughly...its cdi:)

try the search, all chinkers are much the same electrically...theres a lot of threads on them and the wiring:)

Yeah i know there are threads on it LOL i wrote them ahaha. Just go to mini tutorials and its a sticky at the top somewhere.

If it were my bike i'd just rewire the whole bike lol. Its pretty easy just follow the tutorial through and your bike will be battery free in no time. All the information you need to get your bike going good is in that thread.

look at the tute:mad: you dont need a battery for them to run.

magnetos dont have brushes, either. you should have five wires. green, earth. white and yellow(or two yellows) for charging.. then a black with yellow or red line. then a blue with a black line or white line...

there may also be a seperate harness carrying a pale green wire...thats for neutral.

read the tutes:)

OK, so i have wired up the bike as it says in the tute.. it had a spark at first and i got all happy then i put the spark plug i the bike and it ran.. but it wasnt running properly so i turned it off... so then i took the spark plug out and see if it was still sparking to find out it wasnt.. so i tested the spark plug inanother bike and it still works fine... So wat do you think my problem is?? also with my bike i had to run the 3 yellow wires though the voltage regulator. which wasnt the case in the tute... How can i test the CDI and the regulator if they are working properly???
thanks heaps for the help
ash

Latest posts

Back