Terra moto TDX 125-New to working on bikes and am not enjoying it so far

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delprado

Reaction score
Hey guys i have just joinged the club i live in Aus but our pitbike forums are S^%T compared to all the info i have gathered off this site,
I recently bought a Terra TDX 125 of a bloke for $500 pretty cheap over here considering the terrible orions etc go for about $700-800 now in saying that the bloke i bought it off did almost ZERO maintenance to it it wouldnt idle at all and i mean at all and when i had the choke on it revved its arse off but choke off just died so far i have cleaned the carb at least 7 times had fuel piss out the carb intake in my awesome glory i managed to strip the head of the A/F screw but the oil change went well! now the problem im having is not only is it not idling AT ALL! (simply dies) but at the low rpm range as well as the higher rpm range it feels like its not doing a damn thing i.e im higher rpms 2nd gear but it feels like its bogging down it doesnt SOUND like it (i cant hear the motor over the exhaust its fooken LOUD!) but its just not picking up if you know what i mean like gear speed is peaking at lower than usual RPM i realise the cdi is basically a rev limiter but it was running before i screwed around trying to clean the carby thinking thats why it wouldnt idle anyway after cleaning and trying to standard tune the carb (1 1/2 to 2 turns out) it didnt run at all couldnt even get it to fire, it has a genuine fake mikuni carb on it and im thinking that is the cause of all my problems being a 6 year old carb with little to no maintenance ( the kid might have cleaned it once or twice but from the look of the tuning he had on it (a/f and idle) he really had problems with keeping it ( maybe he put too big a set of jets in it) when i bought it the A/F screw was almost fully out and the idle screw did fook all ( i mean nothing at all like it wasnt even there) so im wondering do all these things point to a ****ed carb? i ordered a new one this afternoon as an entire kit from DHZ as in carby intake manifold throttle cable gaskets etc or does it sound like something else? i put another carb i had off a lifan parts bike i have (genius i bought it off had the chain too tight blew out and smashed the magneto cover etc to bits so i got it pretty cheap that and it was thrashed to the **** house with no front brakes no back brakes as well as having the spark plug not even tightened) and it didnt go to well i have only started playing with carbs less than a week ago hence the constant screw ups with this one, do you think the whole new carby manifold filter etc etc will help or do you think the motor will need some loving im **** at carbs and the only way im going to get engine work done is to try and con my old man into helping he already s[ent 4 hours with me today trying to get it to run with this ****ty carb and i dont think hes too keen to keep playing with a bike he cant ride (6 foot 8 and 100+ kilos isnt ideal for a pitty) and before some genius decides to say it i will say it now buying another bike is out of the question i spent the bike money i had put away on this

There's a few more blokes on here that are a lot more engine savvy than me, but I always find that most of these issues can be fixed by taking a breather for half a day or so and starting again, it's easy to get frustrated and loose your bearings on easy fix stuff,

Easy stuff like getting the a/f screw mixed up with the idle, not saying you have but it's an easy mistake!

And although Miniriders is an international forum, it's proudly Australian owned too! :)

Can someone merge the other thread on this topic with this thread please.

Latest posts

Back