Thai built works wave 165 to 200cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epod

Reaction score
Hi all, I am living in Thailand now and still pitbik'n. Today i ordered a custom 180cc honda wave engine to go in the old pitster x4R. These wave builds have incredible reliability compared to any chinese engine we have been racing in Australia. And the gearbox is considered much stronger than other horizontal engines.
I am no more impressed with the quality of daytona's cast cases than any other china. There are all prone to cracking and falling apart from the inside out after only 3 years at the most. Honda cases last for ever. so do there gear box's in wave engines same as honda nice gearbox. The only gearbox not to fail when horizontal engine is worked over 200cc.
The speed i have seen these wave engines go at drag races here is amazing. With even bigger cam, valves and ports than a TBv2 or tagawa plus r head the thais can turn a stock wave head that has roller rockers standard into a rev monster.
Here's the deal. The price i am having this 180cc wave engine built for is so good i want to share it with you. If you pay 2 $600 payments means you can avoid import tax. First i send the bottom end in package 1 and then i send the top end in package 2. All for $12000aus plus shipping which should only be about $180.
These engines race proven mx races and road racing in Thailand/japan and europe.
After i test my new one 180cc wave next week i will let you know how much faster it feels than a ZS177cc or yx184cc. I will post photos and give more details and all the specs on the engine then.
The wave engine has the same engine mounts as crf50 or any china motor.

I would certainly be keen as I'm currently saving for a 190 Daytona anima and would be in tears if itbroke that soon down the track , I have recently blown up my 150 lifa. with the akunar cam and am always chasing more power , PM me for my mobile number if you want mate as I'm keen as a bean when u find out if there any good when u get yours , android90

So are you saying the wave engines are honda? or are comparable to honda? Also why are they custom? whats being change? Mounts? Otherwise it sounds pretty dam good.

they are pretty much the same as a crf110 engine
-20080102-1346260.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fellas for the interest, Thats a good pic, but you can run a strait kickstarter for mx and rear facing mainfold. I will have the engine in 6 days. I promise to give you all the details after i test it. The engine builder does not speak english, but builds some of the best engines in thailand. I have been told that these modified engines are race proven and require no case boring up to 180cc. A new balanced crank is put in plus new piston set and works head and high lift cam. I am not sure of the specs on the head yet except that the valves are 30inlet 26out or possibly bigger.
I am going to gear it for mx not the road, and wil be comparing it to my works ZS TB177c and previous 191yx that did not last long but was very fast.
When i have photos i will post them fella's. Ride on DD

Yes it is genuine Honda, made in Thailand, same legendary gear box as Honda nice and wave 110. The wave 125 bottom end has a wider stud pattern, so you can bare up to 180cc without case boring. The stock head has japan quality roller rockers and the thais shave and revalve them and put in titanium retainers plus double progressive valve springs, plus put in a bigger cam to suit application/ mx or road race.
This engine is also in the new honda msx125.

Sorry guys but no selling products on MR without being a sponsor.

PM me if you want more details.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back