The boy now has a ride :-)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitmaster

Reaction score
He now has a ride and is super stoked:D

He wont stop talking about it now, hes so proud, (as long as he stays a good boy than he'll keep it lol)

(p.s. its the JR50 thats the new one)

(p.p.s. thanks heaps baby for allowing the bike:D love ya;) )

P1030146640x480.jpg

so what made you go for the suzi instead of the crf50?

p.s aww your such a nice daddy make sure to take a pic of his first ride on it

Thanks Divy,

yeah when he has first ride with all his gear on ill put some pics up,

points which made me choose JR over CRF:

- his age/size (3.8yrs).

- the JR is tad lower than the crf, (but can be adjusted up to crf and bit bigger).

- the gearbox, he didnt have the foot size or strength to change the crf gear lever, the JR is light and easy to pop in and out of gear.

- throttle governing is better on the JR for younger kids,

- that BRAAAAP BRAAAAP sound:D

- once he has mastered all he can on the JR50 (dealer said at his age hes got min 2 yrs on it, so once hes 6yrs than he can move up to either a crf50 or if big enough a crf70 or JR80,

- purchase price now is going to be sale price in 2 or 3 years time, new vs secondhand is less than $100 and has been for years. (crf included) so this just made more sense for him to learn on.

Cheers Lloydy

smart move

and a great buy

my son zacass started on a PW50 with training wheels when he was 3
i sold the bike for more than i paid for it 3 yrs later

got the welder out this morning and made some train wheels just for the begining,

going shopping for a new helmet today, first ride this morning around back yard and he loved his first solo bike ride:D

going out the track after lunch which should be fun....

P1030156640x480.jpg

nah its just pop in or out of gear on the JR,

his foot was heaps too small to be changing the CRF gears, atleast year or 2 off that just yet, hense the JR purchase.

Thats awsome, I think you made a good choice going for the JR, its whats best for him.

What a lucky kid! I didnt own my own bike untill I was 13!

Oh ok yea good decision.

But what's the purpose of changing it in and out of gears? it's a centrifugal clutch isn't it?

brilliant love the trainers

great idea can you do some close ups of the trainers

and the way you set them up

when i did my sons first set
i got an engineer to design them which worked with the suspension

cost me about 400 shmakers but was a sealing deal when i sold the bike as the new owner brought for his son of same age

keep up the great work love to some vids of the Lil taker ripping it up

lol, very nice, i rlly wanted a pw50 when i was like 4 but i don't think mum was keen....
cheers

brilliant love the trainers

great idea can you do some close ups of the trainers

and the way you set them up

when i did my sons first set
i got an engineer to design them which worked with the suspension

cost me about 400 shmakers but was a sealing deal when i sold the bike as the new owner brought for his son of same age

keep up the great work love to some vids of the Lil taker ripping it up

SnItChY ill take some pics soon for ya, but all it is: 16mm tube welded to the foot peg mount, and a 15mm solid piece of tube slid down the middle, than the ends of the solid tube are cut 40mm longer at each end of the hollow tube so it sticks out, than the ends were threaded with a tap/die set to allow a lock nut to hold the wheels on, few washers and presto training wheels lol, for a grand total of $45 and 2 hours labour:).

stumbows iam teaching him to everytime he gets on/off/stops for long period to take it outta gear (yeah just a cent box) so he gets used to his foot having to move levers, (for when crf time comes).

Jono nah no wheelies on his first day of riding a bike on his own:rolleyes: :p he did so well today to learn to just do flat track laps on his own (very slowly mind you) he is only just over 3 half years old lol,

everyone else thanks for the comments:D

after seeing your reasons why you bought the jr50, i would do the same. tidy bike and bloody good price. hope you's are having fun and ripping it up :)
cheers

great idea pit

very simple fix

the way i went was a lot more involved as i used the same type of wheels you have used but like i said the engineer made them to work with the rear suspension

was awsome set up but expensive yours sound like the idea i had come up with first but i was keen to get them to work with the suspension

with your set up do the wheel run on the ground constantly or are they set a little above ground ?

I'm sorry for all the questions on this but it was a major when i was coming up with the idea yrs back and am very keen to see your solution as I'm sure other parents would be for there young riders

Latest posts

Back