"The Garage" by Jono.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono

Reaction score
I'm glad you could drop in. :D We are just workin on da bikes, but you knew that anyway didn't ya. hehehehe. Anyway feel free to just wonder around. mind the mess, cleen up day is next week.;)
MySpaceTV: The Workshop by dirtbike

If the myspace link didn't work 4 ya , then here is one I just loaded up to youtube.

YouTube - The Workshop

cheers Jono

Last edited:
what the hell is that a mistake jono ?

i cant see the vid

thats 1 for the books

PPL say to me why the hell would you drive all the way to beerwah for a ride

well see that vid thats why,JONO'S place rocks man it's awsome
well it was til i killed his fence lol

mate that was brilliant really showed of ya shed well cant wait to catch up again

EDIT: thanks reece i fixed it i just cleaned up a bit hope youi dont mind the deleation

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP jono you are rich! lol

I wish I had a shed full of bikes and stuff like yours

Oh my god,

That is just pure heaven!

Marcus, Jono and Hayden please pay for my flight up to your house :)

hay Sean , I just uploaded the vid to youtube and put up the link for ya bud, check it out . YouTube - The Workshop. Thanks for the comments guys. I wish we were rich. lol. Sadly the Duke is not ours, we are just looking after it for a bit. Looks nice dosn't it? I might be able to get some video of it going. watch this space, hehehehe.

Jono just wondering how often do you rebuild the yz?

Jono just wondering how often do you rebuild the yz?
Rings every 25 hours and piston and rings every 50 hours. If ya don't do them around there's times you run the risk of either breaking a ring or worse still breaking a piston. Either way if gunna cost heaps including re nickeling the barrel. I know because it happened to me on my last yz550. now I do regular overhauls. cheers Jono

Wat piston do you run in your yz>? And wats some common signs to tell you when u need a rebuild? Looks like you keep yourself busy = ]

Last edited:
Wat piston do you run in your yz>? And wats some common signs to tell you when u need a rebuild? Looks like you keep yourself busy = ]
hmmm , thats a hard one. Let me think of how to say it. Well..... Ya should either fit am hour meter to you bike and then you will not have to guess, or after every ride just jot it down somewhere how long you were riding for and then just calculate every now and then. then there is the high risk way of knowing and that is listen for the rattle which is commonly known as " PISTON SLAP" hahahaha. Thats when the piston is wearing on the top front and rear bottom thus allowing it to slap forward and back inside the sleeve. Hope that was some help Aztech. cheers Jono

hey kudos for the rides, your not the the only jono with a shed full of speed! my mate jono has a 06 ktm 605sx? a 05 crf 450r, 98 zzr 1100 turbo, 06 gsr 600 (wifes ride),04 kx85(daughters) , 05 ktm 65(other daughters),canam 700 efi quad, & 2 terra moto 125s these jono blokes seem to have it made!! lol
not to mention a hot wife.

There is a definate way to tell if you need a new piston.

Pistons a purposely made made with "scratches" or tiny grooves in them to get oil in the rings and up and down the head.

What you have to do is get a bright torch like an L.E.D torch.
Take off your exhaust.
Now look into the hole, if you cant see the piston, push the kickstarter a few times to make it move into your view.

Can you see tiny grooves? Or is it smoothe and shiny?

If there are no tiny grooves, not enought oil would get through the whole head and you could make big scratches in your head of ya motor or you could seize it.

If its smoothe and there are no "grooves", you have a worn piston.

Jono that is one sweet shed u have nice bikes and a clean work area plus some cool tools.That duke looks sweet as would be nice to ride couldn't mail to SA could ya.
bigkid68

that a wood or metal lathe you got there? if metal why arn't you making us all custom bits? geez...... hehe just realized that out of all that the thing that caught my attention the most was the lathe..... i need help

pmsl i spotted that last time i was at jono's workshop

i just need to distract marcus will i work my wonders hehehehe

great ppl ,,,,cant wait till she warms up a lil as he's got a wicked pool as well
ah jono's its like going to dreamworld lol

Latest posts

Back