the mistery of the vanashing bearing.....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashthumpy

Reaction score
after a jolly ramp sesh a few weeks back my bike neva quite rode the same.......now it dosnt ride at all my rear wheel bearing "shat" itslef in a big way destroying my hub in the process!! so im up for a new hub (probaly whole wheel would be cheaper) and new bearings, so what hubs or wheelsets do people recomend? oh and im on a fairly tight budget

THE HUB:
Picture1215.jpg

Picture1214.jpg

WAS A BEARING ONCE:
Picture1213.jpg

cheers china, im gonna go ride my yzf now......

Thats an awesome war mark for your bike.... blowin out bearings... You should be proud!!!!

Yeah they are CHEAP china bikes. You get what you pay for.

But the beautiful thing is, for the money it costs to maintain a "real" dirt bike, you can just buy cheap china bike.... and after buying a few, eventually you end up with enough spares to build another.

I love cheap chinas.

:)

Ouch Trash.
Bad luck there Dude !!
Guys We tell everyone to replace the STD wheel bearings that are fitted on China bikes as soon as possible they are an accident waiting to happen..
Replacement quality bearings are only $8.00 ea from us ..Cheap insurance for happy rolling !!!

Cheers Brian

Ouch Trash.
Bad luck there Dude !!
Guys We tell everyone to replace the STD wheel bearings that are fitted on China bikes as soon as possible they are an accident waiting to happen..
Replacement quality bearings are only $8.00 ea from us ..Cheap insurance for happy rolling !!!

Cheers Brian

Good idea

.... but have you notice that if someone purchases a china bike, it is recommended that they change the chain, handle bars, frame, forks wheels, bearing, seat, spark plugs... etc...

By the end there's nothing original left

:D

Put that china bike on a maintenance schedule and use a quality grease.
You'll be fine.

mate...ur a knob, clearly there is grease on the bearings, and i doubt grease would ov stoped this from happening its due to low quality bearings

Last edited:
ouch bro that hurts... wheels suck so bad too maintain im officially over them spokes and shit mainly but why not just get new bearings not a new hub ??

guy had his motovert exact same thing happened

Hey Trash.
If you like bring your wheel in and I will have a look at it for you.It may be salvagable and not nescessary to scrap it if the bearing locating positions are not damaged !
Give us a call Monday

Cheers Brian

Hey Trash.
Just to let you know since my last post we now have a couple of new hubs in stock with 32 spoke/15mm axle,due to Mini Motard wheel build ups !
Pm me if you are interested !!

Cheers Brian

you should all put full contact sealed bearing in you wheels
i work for a bearing company and i put a set in my 110 about 18 months ago
i changed them out on friday
to find i didn't need to and they had been through some grief

as for the grease these bearings are greased for life stick ith japanese brgs
the only brands on the market under 30mm id that are made in japan are nsk koyo and nachi

everything alse is china tiawan korea

i'v eseen chinese brgs come through with no grease at all in them a good sign of "quality"

if you need any more info just ask

Latest posts

Back