The "New" Photoshop Thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is one I did a while ago, and the only one ive done

black-x7r-rhs.jpg

MSOSobe.jpg

heres a quick one i did its is my first so its kinda crappy but anyways
ktm 250sx-f:
ktm250sxf.jpg

too bad all the stickers are back to front on both of ur 50's motoxxx

thats what i can neva do is get a REAL looknig paint jobb how do you do it mate???

It's actually quite simple. I might make a quick video tutorial, but all I did was use the pen tool (selection mode) and select around the edge of the area I wanted to fill in, then I right clicked (with the pen tool still selected) and clicked make selection. Then I created a new layer, filled it with the colour I wanted then set the blending mode to colour. Then you need to get the smudge tool (with a average to small sized brush) and smudge out your colour layer until your happy with your paint job.

For the text all I did was type some text in black, then right clicked on it in the layer panel, click "Rasterize Layer". Then rotated and resized it to how I wanted it then set the opacity down until I was happy. Then I grabbed the pen tool and made a selection on the windows, where the wheels are etc. then I right clicked, made a selection then hit deleted so it deleted anything that was selected (in this case the excess font of "Kawasaki").

Might seem a bit complicated just reading it but it only takes a couple minutes lol. :)

Edit: Paint Job Example Video - Metacafe

Didn't include the text part, but thats pretty straight forward. :)

Last edited:
funny that ducar as they both took about 4 mins each as i was just doing them as i was bored

i like all your efforts ducar pffft NOT!

It's actually quite simple. I might make a quick video tutorial, but all I did was use the pen tool (selection mode) and select around the edge of the area I wanted to fill in, then I right clicked (with the pen tool still selected) and clicked make selection. Then I created a new layer, filled it with the colour I wanted then set the blending mode to colour. Then you need to get the smudge tool (with a average to small sized brush) and smudge out your colour layer until your happy with your paint job.

For the text all I did was type some text in black, then right clicked on it in the layer panel, click "Rasterize Layer". Then rotated and resized it to how I wanted it then set the opacity down until I was happy. Then I grabbed the pen tool and made a selection on the windows, where the wheels are etc. then I right clicked, made a selection then hit deleted so it deleted anything that was selected (in this case the excess font of "Kawasaki").

Might seem a bit complicated just reading it but it only takes a couple minutes lol. :)

Edit: Paint Job Example Video - Metacafe

Didn't include the text part, but thats pretty straight forward. :)

Easier way than that using Hue and Saturation controls ...

that looks sick as !
they should really make some kits like that for the road bike,
personally i think that looks dope as !
good work !

Heres something ive done i reckon it looks alright just wish now I didn't ad the colour in between
Untitled-1.jpg

i think the colour between looks dandy.
what kinda car is that...with a paint job like that
its gotta be a chick magnet hahaha, i wanna get one

Latest posts

Back