The Official Ducar Vs Lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z50kid

Reaction score
ok here is the deal every post must have a good thing for one and a bad thing for the other keep it clean no bull crap

Last edited:
LIFAN: great looking motor DUCAR: needs a very sensative break in

Lifan : Has a cool case, looks awesome when "LIFAN" is painted white
Ducar : no idea, never had one

Lifan and Ducar both have the big vavle motors..(27/27) but if you look at the head, the lifan setup is much better..far less work to do to make it a good flowing head..the intake port is bigger on the lifan. you can make them the same, but it requires porting

Don't know about the new 140cc ducars (they have start in gear/clutch on main shaft) but the lifan has always been a motor that has the clutch on mainshaft, so accelerates far better then the ducar motors

Lifan and Ducar both have the big vavle motors..(27/27) but if you look at the head, the lifan setup is much better..far less work to do to make it a good flowing head..the intake port is bigger on the lifan. you can make them the same, but it requires porting

Don't know about the new 140cc ducars (they have start in gear/clutch on main shaft) but the lifan has always been a motor that has the clutch on mainshaft, so accelerates far better then the ducar motors

REALLY? Although I Know Lifan are a much better engine they have not allways only had that clutch setup. They still sell the crank mounted clutch engine. The Ducar engine actually has much larger intake port than the Lifan which actually decreases performance. Read this thrrad. http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/6959-porting.html

ohh that's weird, last time i checked the ducar had a smaller intake and my lifan had a 27mm..maybe they've updated it. Sorry forgot about the other type lifan motors! don't know much about them

The ducars have alot of variation..by the way i've seen ones with 54 stroke, 49.5 stroke and 55.5mm stroke

Last edited:
DUCAR: Personally have one and is excelent. Great power and torque and reilaible

LIFAN: Have mates who have them and have heard not as good as Ducar prone to not starting and reliablity problems.

theres not much between the ducar and lifan engine apart from what everybody labels them to be, you hear heaps of good and bad on both motors, but from what i have seen on this forum most people seem to think that the lifan engines are superior and is the most popular and used engine on this forum. i have seen both good and bad lifan and ducar engines, they are pretty much identical, both come out of china and use alot of the same parts and technology.

I never had a prob with my Ducar and lifan never owed one so carn't say anything

i have a lifan genuine 138cc engine. i have floged the hell outa mine. i have had the clutch slip a few times but thats cause of the engine oil when i was first wearing it in. over all i cant comment on ducar's but im happy with my lifan. if any bad probs arise im positive i willl report it in here

ducar never gave me a problem except the big valved series 2 ducar they stuck in thier atomik AX

but my stock standard ducar they had in the motox was a dream, sooo zippy in take off just had no bottom end

but i must admit i have gone over to lifans...they are just a nicer more reliable motor.

lifan thumbs up

I've never owned a Lifan but i have 2 Ducar motors one of them leaked abit of oil from the crankcase when i first got it. Just needed to be sealed properly but other than that i am really impressed with the power of them. Everyday i ride my big bike to work which is a 500 and so i am used to power and thought that they would be piss weak but it's quite the opposite. Thumbs up!

i have owned both i find the lifan to be more jump on and ride were the ducar needs more set up time but i find the power comes on stronger.

so ducar better performance with tlc.

lifan more hassle free.

yeh definatly with u on that one

if u service ur ducar right and run it in properly they have a good power ratio

the only thing thats letting down ducar atm is the shit chassis thier bolting them into

ducars are fine had one in my pro x for 7 months and havnt had any problems at all.
If you look after ur motor u will get the performance and reliabelty (sp??) you want out of them.

Latest posts

Back