The Sprog and his Atomik on XMAS day

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastus

Reaction score
Yes I know he has not got a helmet on and this was his first bike. The look in PIC 2 says it all. PRICELESS YELLING AND SCREAMING FOR MY SONS FIRST BIKE. He did put the helmet on before he rode it though. Finally got that bloody Atomik sorted. Now i cannot keep him or my 12yr old girl off it.

Attachments

• Picture0001.jpg
    Picture0001.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture0002.jpg
    Picture0002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
they do say when you put wen your motos in the blood you cant get them out

an addiction like no other

good to see him so happy i remember when i got my first bike it was a huge a surprise

yeah just remind em never to ride a motorbike without:
a helmet
and some boots
and gloves
tell em not to end up like me
wear all those things and youll be fine!!!

sweet pics rastus , pic 2 made my day

nothing better than that right there mate ,, champion

sweet pics rastus , pic 2 made my day

nothing better than that right there mate ,, champion

Pic 2 made my day too mate. It in the end made up for all the crap I had to go through with Atomik to get it sorted and going in the end.
Now the only one question I got left is how the hell do I get him off the bloody thing?????????:p:p:p:p:

Pic 2 made my day too mate. It in the end made up for all the crap I had to go through with Atomik to get it sorted and going in the end.
Now the only one question I got left is how the hell do I get him off the bloody thing?????????:p:p:p:p:

paint it pink

paint it pink

OMG, NO NO NO NO AND BLOODY NO. My 12 yr old daughter has been riding it too and she saw a pink TDR on e-bay and wants me to buy it. ARGH. She's worse than Mitchell and has been going hardcore on it more than him. She is already jumping our dam on it. She has no fear at all. And Mitchell hit a calf on it too. Calf came off alright though. Bike and son survived. Nah it's all good mate. They are having a ball on it. A few stacks but they are wearing all the gear so nothing but a few bruises and bent gear lever. All easily sorted. Amazing what a kiss does to a war wound.:) Hmm, Maybe I let the tires down? Except the little bugger knows where my compressor is in the shed and how to kick it into life and check tyres.

that's awsome rastus.... nuthin better than seeing lil kids having a ****load of fun on dirtbikes, should make a vid or 2 then they can see it when they're older

that's awsome rastus.... nuthin better than seeing lil kids having a ****load of fun on dirtbikes, should make a vid or 2 then they can see it when they're older

Yes mate I thought of that. The 2 pics I took were actually on a webcam laptop. My 20 yr old daughter lost our camera. AGAIN. 2nd one. That's why they came out very bright and grainy. I'll take some more pics of Melissa jumping the dam and the kids ripping through the trees when I get another camera.

Nup ya cant. More time they spend on it the more experience and guts they get. And my dam bank to bank is not 50 feet as I said before I was estimating it. Run tapes over it and it is 36.4 feet. Still a mean effort. My daughter comes from a run up through a flat section winding around a few trees and then onto the bank and gun it in 3rd gear flat strap into 4th flat out and hammers it and lands on the bank on the other side. I ain't going to try it on it as I am too heavy for the bike to do this sort of thing. They are just blowing me away how they are riding. I have been teaching them they listen to what I want them to do and how to do it and they take it in and then just go and do it. This is the first time they have ever ridden a bike. And this bike has been copping an absolute hiding. Ching Chang Choong who built this bike must have been right up on his welding skills as I cannot find any fractures or stress on this bike after they have ridden it. Everything is still tight,starts first go on the kick or lazy leg (electric start) and cops a bloody flogging. It also has a great turn of speed. I raced Melissa up our drive flat out and she was doing 80 odd km/h on the speedo in my Commodore. This bike is stock standard out of the crate. I got my mate to tune it. We changed the oil and filter. Adjusted the chain as after one day it stretched out about 1/2 inch on the adjuster. Have not had to touch the chain yet. So I gave Atomik a flogging with after sales service (which they bloody rightfully deserved with my posts) and I think I have got a good deal and after I got it tuned perfectly it has not missed a beat. When they kill it or snap it in half I'll let you know. Other than that if it had llghts they'd be riding it 24/7. Mitchell did duct tape the Dolphin torch to the handlebars though. That's when he hit the calf that wandered out of the front paddock into the house yard. Damn. If he had totalled the calf (not the bike, the bike was fine and so was the calf) we could have had a nice poddy calf bbq. Except the missus had something to say didn't she??????? It's alive it's ok let it go back in the paddock.

Last edited:
WOW jumping 36ft and not really been on a bike before, must be naturals:)
as time goes on and they fine tune there skill i guess the opertunities are endless but the best thing is they look/sound like they are enjoying it and thats what its about.
good work.

WOW jumping 36ft and not really been on a bike before, must be naturals:)
as time goes on and they fine tune there skill i guess the opertunities are endless but the best thing is they look/sound like they are enjoying it and thats what its about.
good work.

They just listen to what I say and teach them mate. I used to ride competitive enduros and long distance trails when I was in my 20's on an IT490 and a Tenere 650. The dam where Melissa jumps from is on the high side a good 8-10 taller than the low side she lands on. If she did it the other way she would be smacking into the bank or landing in the dam. I dunno how good a bike would be after it is drowned. Takes a fair bit to get it going again. I have been telling her to stop jumping the dam at the moment and just ride on the flat. They are boring numerous tracks through the trees and over some small logs. You should see the cows scatter. Our horses just stand there and look.

36ft!!!!!!! my god i get scared at 15ft.... tho a few concussions from the bmx did that too me

36 odd feet in distance not height. Melissa is probably only roughly going 10 ft airborne over the dam with the water. As I said she is blowing me away. I told her if she ends up in it you drag the bike out and yourself. Don't come whinging to me. A few times they have fallen off down in the paddock and I have told them any time trouble looms hit the kill switch, grab the brakes,slide it and lay it down. This they do and a few times they have not got the bike going, so I have jumped in the ute and gone down and started the bike. I told them from now on if you cannot start it you push it home. Very benificial how they learn that dad is not coming to get it going and they have to sort it out themselves. Guess what? They did. No pushes and they got it going everytime.

\

on a 70cc!!:eek:
ill have to get the speedgun out and get my bro to see how fast i go!!!

ARGH I MUFFED. I Meant to type 60 km/h not 80. OOPS I didnt read it before I posted it. Sorry guys.:(

Latest posts

Back