The Sprog and his Atomik on XMAS day

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the sprog now going on 13

The sprog (Mitchell) after having this Atomik now for 2 years and flogging it has not killed it nor has anything broken on it. He has just came back today from being out with a new mate of his riding in the mud and the bikes and kids are all covered in it. Well he did break the tip of the front brake lever. His mates dad reckons Mitch is possessed as he was just going flat out and jumping anything and everything and powersliding out of the corners. I said "Ah well, he's just taking after his old man". Now remember I said when I first got him this bike that he had never ridden a motorbike before and he has listened and learnt from me and done exactly what I said. His mate Lachlan has a 125 (I don't know what brand) but he could not keep up with the Sprog, Lachlan's dad said Sprog is a nut and hardcore. HAH HAH HAH. I LUV YA SON. Just like ya dad. YEEHAH. HE asked me when he got home that he wants something bigger and MORE GRUNT DAD. Oh GAWD does it ever end????????

I don't know Bulldog. No idea after today he has got me stumped. First full day he has been out riding. I honestly don't know. Maybe an IT 490? I'll look for a KTM for him I think or just let him stay on this for a bit longer as he reallly knows how to ride it now. he does really push it to the limit. My daughter does not ride it now as she has gotten back into horses with my eldest daughter. I'll have to talk to Mitch and see which way he wants to go. He sure is competitive and I think he has that Wayne Gardner streak in him.

Then again after looking at the prices for KTM I don't think so........

Many many years ago the wife and I had a Yamaha FZ750N. It was Kevin Magee's personal road bike. Long story how we got it from Kevin. Ohlins front and rear shocks,Mikuni flat slide carbs,Brembo discs and calipers and bored and stroked to 810cc. YZF swingarm. It was a hell of a weapon. On the weekend I was in my favourite haunt doing the Royal National Park ride on the south coast of NSW (as many do) and I came up alongside a guy riding a white VFR750 Honda and we nodded at each other and touched knuckles. Then he took off and I went after him. We were dicing on the straights and the corners keeping each other in check until we came to the last tight corner to Stanwell Tops. A very tight left turn 25Km/H posted. I dived into this corner and then the white Honda came up under me and powerslided past me and wheelstanded and took off like a rocket. I was gobsmacked. I was 10/10ths riding to my ability and then after that I realised all along that this guy was just playing with me and I was nowhere near his standard. He was out for fun same as me. No way I could keep up with him. He was just keeping up with me and playing with me. Anyway we pulled up at Stanwell Tops and he was already off his bike at the Ice cream van and I walked over. I looked at his numberplate and it was WG-001. I walked over and said to him great fang mate and he turned around. It was bloody Wayne Gardner. We talked for a while then he pulled out of his gearsack a white pair of his HRC thin leather riding gloves and autographed them for me. I still have them to this day. He then headed back home to Wollongong and I headed back north to Sutherland. No way in the world I could keep up with this guy normally as he was playing with me but he did say to me you sure know how to ride. I told him I was an enduro rider and his powersliding was from his dirt days that he sorted for the track. He loved the fang and we shook hands and went our ways. I told him that my bike was Magoo's and he knew the bike. It was one hell of a day to meet a champion and ride with him. Unknown until we pulled up though.

I Just bought a 2005 YZ125 for him off a dealer on the net for $3990.00

Is that a good price Bulldog? I just put it on my credit card. Seemed ok to me it is a dealer at the Gold Coast not far from here. The price looked ok. I emailed and said subject to check before buying.
Rgds Glenn.

The chief of finances (WIFE) and I have bought a BMW K1600-GTL tourer about 3 months ago

When you go and get it try and get some stuff thrown in. Check the brakes are good condiion and have life, tyres and fork seals. Also check for missing bolts. As a dealer they can throw that stuff in.

I got my 08 for $4000 and got fork seals serviced, new tranny oil, 1ltr of fuel oil, brake pads done, workshop manual and one of the front wheel stoppers for when you tie it down..

All you can do it point out the flaws of the bike and either get them fixed or take the price out of the brought price.

Have a link to the bike or photo?

Assuming this is the one?
- http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Autom...P7qEMD-Rhur-ApViCMrr3qdnGQZ-xTUIfA==?AdOnTop=

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back