The Suspension or The Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and besides the piont doesnt matter if your on a 125cc and the guys oin the 150cc its the rider, whos got the balls around the corner at the quicker speed. thats what it is the rider no the "ride" as some people think "MSO"

Suspension is far more important than an overpowered engine. Go for the bike with the best suspension.

Masterspoon has hit the nail on the head. You get what you pay for. I'm always amazed at posters on here that ask questions about cheap bikes and then ask about upgrading the engine, suspension and whatever else you can think of. Just buy the better bike in the first place.

and besides the piont doesnt matter if your on a 125cc and the guys oin the 150cc its the rider, whos got the balls around the corner at the quicker speed. thats what it is the rider no the "ride" as some people think "MSO"

How do you get through life when you make no sense :confused: You really are just on here to talk rubbish if your saying the Atomiks are better than the MSO.

boith are shit go with atomik/ well known and bought by thousands of people, and 10extra cc is alot doesnt sound like alot but look at the performance wise difference between lifan 140cc and yx150cc , lifan 140cc is stock 150cc yx has inner rotar kit+the extra 10cc witch will help on the track

LOL

Despite the couple of differences you can see from the spec there are actually quite a few between the two.
I have a Pitpro 140XR and ride with a MSO Pro
There are just so many things that I have upgraded on the Pitpro already that I would not have had to with the MSO. I ride motard so suspension, brakes, engine, blah blah blah all matter to me.
Its all the small things that really make the MSO the better bike, pitpro has barely usable front brake, mso whack a bigger rotor on to suit the caliper location and they are wicked. Simple stuff like say the throttle even, pitpro one has to be modified because it is a shit design and constantly has slack or pulls on the cable and revs your motor, MSO one has no issues. The exhaust header (might be different on 150XR) on my 140XR is poo, like real crappy bends, MSO is a very nice header with great bends.

I had a feeling there'd be little quality bits on the MSO that the spec sheet wouldnt do the bike justice for. Thanks for bringin them into view!

Bike B ... you can sell the Lifan 140 new and recoup half the money for a lifan 150 , YX 150 or a YX/GPX 160 ....... you can buy YX engines that have the head casting altered to suit CRF type exhausts and intake manfolds .....

Apparently the Lifan 150's are lighter and narrower than the YX motors and 140's ....

The price of the DNM forks will quickly make you decide on the bike that already has them ..... :p

:D

Suspension is everything. If i had to race for money on a proper track, I would choose a bike with say a ducar 125 and fastace or Dnm forks and shock, over a 160cc fully worked gpx with say atomik standard suspension. Good suspension makes life so much easier, compared with simply having a quick motor. Hence why i went out and bought an elka shock, at around the same price of top notch motor.

Latest posts

Back