thor sentinal

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
ok so i really want to/ need to get a set of thor sentinal!
it looks really comfortable and i dont want a big bulky peice of plastic hanging off my back!
i also wear a camel pack so this seems like a thin thingy...
where i ride trees are everywhere!
so if one jumps out in front of me (has happened heaps) i want to be protected...
so what do you guys think???
and no saying i dont like that and its homo and shit like that ok!
ok,
thanks,
james

hey mate,
yeah, that gear isn't to bad.
i run the thor impact rig and that's pritty good.
i wear a camel pack and it fits fine, you will also need a bit of extra protection riding through trees and shit.
it's up to you in the end of the day but the thor impact rig will suit your riding better.
hope i could help.
cheers. viper sx ;)

i wear it for racing its comfy but depends on what your doing. If it matters its uncomfortable to wear it with a bag.

Go to a shop and try some on. No use getting everyones opinion, everyones will be slightly different as we all ride differently and are built differently

if you plan on buying it over the net, i suggest you dont go to a bike shop, they will tell you to piss off they are sick of people using them

Personally id invest in a set of knee braces or a set of knee pads that prevent hyper extention. Id rather protect my knees as your more prone to injure them coming off your bike and landing on them or getting your foot cought in a rut.

Knee braces such as pods or asterisk may seem expensive but 2 or 3 months off work will be more costly especially when you need a knee recon.

the thor sentinal wont help much if you hit a tree they are designed for motox in particular for stopping rocks being roosted from bikes in front and it does not matter what protection you buy there is always something else that you will need.
as for the neck brace it will help you not break your neck but it will not stop you from breaking your neck,in a recent practice accident a suprx rider was wearing all the gear and broke both his back and neck.
for bush riding nothing beats the full underjersey mesh type armour with chest shoulder elbow and spine protector,maybe if my mate was wearing one of these he may now not be a paraplegic

the thor sentinal wont help much if you hit a tree they are designed for motox in particular for stopping rocks being roosted from bikes in front and it does not matter what protection you buy there is always something else that you will need.
as for the neck brace it will help you not break your neck but it will not stop you from breaking your neck,in a recent practice accident a suprx rider was wearing all the gear and broke both his back and neck.
for bush riding nothing beats the full underjersey mesh type armour with chest shoulder elbow and spine protector,maybe if my mate was wearing one of these he may now not be a paraplegic

sorry to hear about your mate, mate!
the thing is i want protection but the ability to still move my arms and the rest of my body!
so is there a mod i could do to a set of good armour???
as for the leatt,
i dont know...
i dont want a f***ed back or neck!
i really dont have the money for a fancy bit of kit like that!
any really good protective armour suggestions?

What do you want amour for? What are you wanting to protect? You need to explain what and why before we can give suggestions on what to get.

What do you want amour for? What are you wanting to protect? You need to explain what and why before we can give suggestions on what to get.

i want the armour so if i hit a tree or fall off i am going to be much more protected, therefore not having to put up with say 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung

armour = roost protection , in other words they do **** all , you can live with a broken back , you wont get far with a broken neck . all armour will do is stop rocks and sticks getting flicked up and hitting u , if you are hitting a tree fast chances are u will get messed up anyway normly you hit trees head first so a neck brace would be your best option . i have both amour and a leatt brace and since i got the leatt i havent even chucked on my armour on

spend the extra money and get somthing that will save your life not protect u from some rocks and shit , look through any new moto mag just about every rider will be wearing a neck brace .

if your worried about the money get the evs brace there like the same prics as armour , or spend moor and get a leatt

i want the armour so if i hit a tree or fall off i am going to be much more protected, therefore not having to put up with say 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung

Lol fair enough. I use to use fly armour when I was younger, I just took off the arm protectors and they were comfy as. Just got to a shop and try some on like I said in my last post.

Support local moto stores

armour really does not do much other than what has been stated....

breaking bones and shit like that is part of motorbikes

I highly doubt your going to be breaking ribs and puncturing lungs no offence but your only riding a pitbike, i crashed into some trees once from throttle getting jammed on full i only got bruised rib so i might of been lucky

as what clunky suggested something like a pressure suit would be more suited for you

I definatly think ur better of with a kidney belt and neck brace that what I ride with, ur ribcag protects ur lungs fairly well,
U should be more worried about hte lower organ that are below ur rib cage like kidneys,splene,apendix,bladder ect
hence kidney belt, plus get a neck brace

armour = roost protection , in other words they do **** all , you can live with a broken back , you wont get far with a broken neck . all armour will do is stop rocks and sticks getting flicked up and hitting u , if you are hitting a tree fast chances are u will get messed up anyway normly you hit trees head first so a neck brace would be your best option . i have both amour and a leatt brace and since i got the leatt i havent even chucked on my armour on

spend the extra money and get somthing that will save your life not protect u from some rocks and shit , look through any new moto mag just about every rider will be wearing a neck brace .

if your worried about the money get the evs brace there like the same prics as armour , or spend moor and get a leatt

which one???
this one?
EVS Sports - Products
armour really does not do much other than what has been stated....

breaking bones and shit like that is part of motorbikes

I highly doubt your going to be breaking ribs and puncturing lungs no offence but your only riding a pitbike, i crashed into some trees once from throttle getting jammed on full i only got bruised rib so i might of been lucky

as what clunky suggested something like a pressure suit would be more suited for you
yeah i realise its part of motorbikes...
only riding a pitbike! cmon it has the potential to kill!
so a pressure suit eh?
any suggestions for one of them that would fit me?
I definatly think ur better of with a kidney belt and neck brace that what I ride with, ur ribcag protects ur lungs fairly well,
U should be more worried about hte lower organ that are below ur rib cage like kidneys,splene,apendix,bladder ect
hence kidney belt, plus get a neck brace
oh is that what kidney belts are for...
hmm ok i might get one of them then

Latest posts

Back