Three Amigos - Buyers Beware

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binking

Reaction score
Just looking through the current edition of AMCN and there is a story about the dodgey dealings of the Three Amigos in Adelaide. They seem to be in hot water over what is printed on tax invoices supplied to customers. This is what the invoices for the PY50 say "I bought this as a non working product; it is faulty and incomplete and all repairs are the responsibility of the owner."

I think anybody that is thinking of buying anything from these guys should run away. You can't get much worse than that IMO.

people hav already put up threads like this sayin how fuckin dodgy those bastards are.

I cant begin to express my anger and disgust to the 3 amigos, they ripped me of so much and I hope they burn in hell, they're pure scum and should be put out of buisness forever.

Got my first bike from there, as embarassing as it is, I was a dumbass, frame snapped, gearbox broke, engine brackets broke, pegs snapped off, bars bent, and a million little other things like cables, sprockets, chains, and other components breaking.

The good thing is that bike taught me everything about mechanics.

Anyway, they charged me $150 for a new frame when you get a twintube one for $99, sold me the wrong stearing head bearings, when I rang up once to see if the the repair shop was open they said yes and then after driving all the way down there the guy had dissapeard and they wouldnt sell us anything, the customer service is nonexistent, they sell the pitpro RR for $1200, sold me a 420 sprocket when I asked for a 428 (good thing I noticed and corrected them) the guys like "oh well I gues you know what you're doing". One time I went to buy one foot peg and the guy said "oh I dont have time to take the peg off the mount, just take the mout and pegs for $60" so I got the mount, took the pin out, took the peg off all about 10 seconds and said "there!" at that point the guy got really pissed off and tried to over charge me for it by $10 (I quoted $5 over the phone and hes trys to charge me $15!!). They got sued numerous times, they where on a current affair, absolute worst shop in existence!!!!!!!!!! Plus they charged me $900 for my old bike (as much as my pitpro I have now) when it was worth around $400.

I was really nervous about buying another BSE after that bike but my pitpro is suprisingly, alot better bike!

Never ever going to them again, SA Dirt Bikes from now on! (I must say, THAT is a great shop!)

Wow, Flarry man seems like you've been through alot of shit. I had sortive similiar case at this bike shop called "Red Back Imports" it was more a pawn broker than a bike shop. He sells all kinda shit overpriced much like The Three Amigos. I got my first bike there knowing next to nothing about bikes and trusting this guy completely. The first ride I took it out on christmas day everything seemed to go fine. I took it back home then left it there. I took it up the country, about a 4 hour drive to get there.. I took the bike out, about 2 hours later.. of not constant riding but breaks in between and stuff.. I was out riding and the bike started chugging. The whole bike came to a complete stop and I tried to start it again. I saw smoke arising from the back of it and found out that all the wires had burnt out. I spend 2 days up in the country in hope that it would start kicking it over and over again. Didnt work, so i took it back home and rang the shop the guy who I bought it from said he has a 30 day part warranty but took absolutely no responsibility for the bike whatsoever. Insisted that he didnt have a mechanic in the shop and wanted to send me to some guys house, so he can fix the bike in his garage [PFFT!] . So I rang Epping bikes and they are really nice people who are a great shop, they looked at my bike and told me that it needed to be rewired and the CDI had blown [Two hours of riding and all the wires and the CDI had blown, good quality? PFFT!] . So I then had to pay 130 to get it fixed, meanwhile my mum is going fucking off her tits in anger she put over 1300 into this bike. Then Finally when it was fixed.. I was so happy I took it up to the country again to a place called avoca where my grandpa owns a vineyard. I went riding.. about 3 hours later.. the whole bike came to a complete stop.. I had to walk it about 6kms back because it refused to start. We got a mechanic around to see what was wrong, he had no idea.. so then i spent another 3 days up in the country hoping it was nothing.. I took it back to melbourne then to Epping bikes again.. Epping bikes rang me 2 days later and told me the whole engine is completely fucked and I needed a new engine :|! So overall about 7 hours of riding put into this piece of shit and the engine is completely fucked? Wth man.. then i rang the guy and he then took still no responsibility. So my mum filed a complaint with Consumer affairs at his shop, and they still came to no agreement. So I decided to sell the piece of shit on ebay, oh well atleast in those 7 Hours i seemed to get the hang of riding.

None of you probably care about it, but im sure Flarry would.. Hes been through pretty much the same bullshit as me, Dodgy fuckers should die.. they know they are selling shit and rip people off blind!

well guys, I don't know what to say. Isn't i just crap when assholes like that keep trading and making money and someone like me who is reasonably honest and cares about what he sells has to close his doors because after doing the right thing by a customer I make no money. It would seem that only assholes survive in this industry by ripping people off. I have very klittle sympathy anymore for people who buy sh1tboxes from these guys just to save a thou or two. you will always get what you pay for. Pay nothing get nothing.

Damn benox, thats pretty unfortunate, you just have to be carfull and patient before you buy somthing.

This thread should be called "chinese motorcycle horror storys!" hehe

I spent about 10 ours working on my bike with my dad, my dad is at work alot though so I often spent all day fixing it by self using what he taught me.
I stripped down the bike, replaced the frame and rebuilt twice (once when the engine brackets snapped and had to be rewelded too), changed tyres, bent the bars back as much as I could, bled the brakes etc. Atleast now I can deal with what breaks easily.

this happned to me with my old bike i went to this place in blackburn in victoria and bought my mxb for like 600 and the day i got it the backbrake was locked up and woudnt work fixed that then the bike woudnt start so we stuffed around for abit got it to start than the bike woudnt go into gear the guy at the shop told me it was 1 down 3 up but it was all down so worked that out went for a ride the chain snapped so fixed that had it for about 5 months and i bent the forks and chain runner made a horrible noise and the steering came loose heaps so the bars wobbled there best bike at the shop for 800 was a pitpro rr lol they are the worst place i would never buy from them again or buy an mxb again BIG MISTAKE the bike wasnt safe but like flarry it taught me how to fix things that went wrong, also when i stacked it big things broke people with other chinas when they stack small things would happen like plastics cracking or somthing my chain got caught under the chain wheel arm when the chain was perfect tension and i stacked it on teh left side and the throttle jams lol which is on the oppisite side.

Last edited:
My first china bike was a atomik avenger back in 2004, i paid $1200, i got 450 hours use out of it before i dogged a mate and sold it to him for $550, in that time the following things happend

Snapped 2 frames
melted complete wiring
2 sets of electric starts died
cracked rear hub
snapped throttle
blew engine up
cracked fuel tank
blew front forks up
broke throttle house

best part is atomik fixed everything free of charge, hahahahahhaha

also when i stacked it big things broke people with other chinas when they stack small things would happen like plastics cracking or somthing .

yeh me and delia (yellowprox) had a collision 4th gear pinned at south and all that happened to our bikes was bent brake pedal and my plastics where it screws into the tank was snapped lol i thought it wooda snapped in half or something

You got what you paying for that's dead right. Guys I am certainly not here to brag as my brother and myself got Pitsterpro X4R since our old man paying.
My point is why not save up for while and get a real deal? away from all the shitz every happend, none of those good brands would ever cooperate with some dumbass stores such as 3bandias. there they gonna out of biz in no time. Let's roll together

Latest posts

Back