throttle cable extremely loose.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris21590

Reaction score
i have a pit pro 07 model with just the standard throttle.
when i turn the throttle i have nearly a quarter of a full turn of freeplay, then it engages to the normal throttle, meaning i have nearly an entire half turn of the throttle, my wrist doesnt bend that far.

the problem is that when im riding and my hands gets bumped etc i will have to reposition it which isnt good.

im going to be going on the greenlands trail ride up near stanthorpe later this month so im hoping i can get the throttle fixed without buying a new cable.

also i have the cable adjuster completly out to try and tighten it but this doesnt work either.

any help would be greatly appreciated with this problem.

hmm, well I just modified mine the other day so yours may have the same issue mine did...
pull your throttle grip off the bike (2 x phillips head screws) separate the 2 pieces and made sure not to loose anything, have a gander at how it all works. Mine has a wedge piece that directs the cable to the twist grip, on mine the wedge was to short and when you pulled the cable it would lift the wedge up first then it would work the throttle. To fix this I simply put a small piece of rubber hose on top of the wedge and put it all back together.

Latest posts

Back