throttle cable question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickmanioz

Reaction score
having a few dramas putting back on the throttle cable, everytime i start the bike it wont stop revving, i think it may be an issue with the spring at the end? can anyone help

adjust your idle screw... i had this problem when i replaced my throttle cable... trimed the settings down and it idled fine

Take off your air filter and see if the slide at the bottom. Also twist the throttle and make sure it doesn't get stuck.

thats seems odd... i just replaced my throttle cable and i didnt have to adjust anything besides the tension... possible the spring maby damaged

Good luck mate

mate if its revving at very hi revs unscrew the top cap on the carb and twist the throttle slide till it go's all the way down or if its not that just do as crazzy said but try the top cap first

gday folks cheers for all the help, managed to sort the problem out, took the air filter off and had a peak inside the carby, the tiny little hole that the little thin piece of metal at the end of the cable goes in was blocked with something so it wasnt going all the way down, cleaned it out and hey presto shes back in action.

thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back