Throttle Cable

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch3736

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my throttle cable
i just bought the bike ( DHZ 140 cc Outlaw) , got home set it up and when i kick start it , rev like normal , but when i turn the handle bars to the left the revs increase but when i turn it to the right the revs decrease and turns off.

does anyone know what the problem is???

thanks

thanks
ill try that tomorrow morning and tell you how i go with it

The throttle cable is getting caught on something so you may need to run it through another way.

ive run the throttle cable threw a number of ways trying to see if it worked but it keeps doing it.
But im going to buy a longer throttle cable and install it and see if that stops the problem
Could there be any other things or problems that may be cause this to happen??

not really mate, just get a longer cable.
when you turn one way u`ll probably find the cable is pulling tight and opening the slide in ya carb. longer cable should solve this.

this happened on my bigfoot, still havent found out why its doing it, i just loosened the cable at the throttle, so it dont do it anymore, adjusted the idle on it to cause it keep cutting out cause of low revs

how long is your throttle cable approx.??
ive adjusted the idle up near the throttle cable, but it still gets the really high revs and low revs that make it cut out
but im going to get a longer throttle cable tomorrow afternoon like 2freeq said.
thats what i thought the problem was, because at the top of the carby, where the cable goes in to the carby where the needle sits , the cable bends towards the front of the bike which is causing it to pull on the cable.

not really too sure how long but an approx guess would be 1m yeah mine used to cut out thats why i adjusted the idle on the carby so i could back the cable off at the throttle, its just got a touch of free play at the throttle but its not really noticable, let us know how the longer cable goes, i'll measure the cable 2moro and tell ya how long it actually is

yeah mine used to cut out thats why i adjusted the idle on the carby so i could back the cable off at the throttle, its just got a touch of free play at the throttle but its not really noticable, let us know how the longer cable goes, i'll measure the cable 2moro and tell ya how long it actually is

so happy :D
didnt have to get a new cable , just ran it threw right under the fuel tank
and adjusted the idle on the carby and runs perfect

thanks heaps for your help
and everyone else that gave me ideas

Latest posts

Back