Throttle!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tippyty

Reaction score
Hey guys i fell on my bike not to long ago and it seems my throttle is sticking or somthing it feels really bad and sounds bad too when i twist it. one thing i was looking at my carb and the cable is like bent into the top im guessing this is how it came because its the only way it could fit. PLEASE SOMONE HELP i wanna ride b4 it snows.

pull your throttle off and check that there isnt sand/dirt under the twist grip

yeh dirt etc could make that bad sound and cause it to stick a little

'Feels bad' is a rather generic explanation champ. A few more details would be helpful plz. I'll take a stab and say the throttle sticking has to do with the throttle cable running down between the frame and the fuel tank. one way to fix this is to drill a hole on the top of the frame near the headstem, and another on the underside of the same tube back towards the carby. File smooth the edges, grab a couple of rubber gromments and stick em in the holes and run your throttle cable through there, eliminating the throttle getting stuck wide open at times. hope this helps, if at all. Cheers.

wanring do not go drillng holes in your frame they're weak enough as is

your best bet is to replace your cable
its more than likely frayed and the little fray bits get stuck in the casing of the cable hence the sticky throttle thing

if your like me and want the quick fix try clean and lubricate see how you go

wanring do not go drillng holes in your frame they're weak enough as is

your best bet is to replace your cable
its more than likely frayed and the little fray bits get stuck in the casing of the cable hence the sticky throttle thing

if your like me and want the quick fix try clean and lubricate see how you go

I second that about the drilling.

I 3rd that. The size hole needed would cause a major weak point and a break there would lead to serious injury

Latest posts

Back