Thumpstar Headkit??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpstar Pro

Reaction score
Hey Guys, As ya know i have a 2006 Thumpstar Pro and was wondering if you can get big bore kits eg 138cc?? I've seen cheap brands bring out 138cc whole engine setup. If there is some available for my Thumpstar Where would i get these? Also im after a oil cooler kit with head mounts and all.
Thanks in advance

Sure Will. Lifans Have 14mm Pins so If This kit has the 14mm Pin It Will fit.

Last edited:
Lilscottie said:
Sure Will. Only thing you need to know certain is if your engine has a 13 or 14mm Pin, Lifans Pretty sure have 13mm Pins so this will fit right on.

Awesome price aswell.
Cheers mate, so theres nothing else i need to get? Ive got one of those all black lifan 0-1-2-3-4 motors.

cranga said:
Cheers mate, so theres nothing else i need to get? Ive got one of those all black lifan 0-1-2-3-4 motors.

Will it fit my thumpstar??? Anyone???

Probably best to email the seller your engine model and ask them....

Seller says unsure, hmmm, anyone else purchased a kit like this? (sorry for hijack!);)

Pretty Sure will Fit All 125cc Lifans Guys.

Just get him to measure the Gudgeon Pin. 14mm = It Fits!!

GET IT!

Last edited:
Okay...If you have a Lifan it should bolt straight on. The Lifans have a 14mm pin. Also this should bolt straight to a Ducar. The pin size also i think is 14mm(need to confirm). For your thumpstar... it may have jialing motor and this will not fit. The stud spacing is different and the pin size is 13mm. The jialing will not easily take big pistons because of the reduced stud spacing. But there are plenty of kits out there for your motor including the latest and best so far from tbolt. http://tboltusa.com/store/index.php?cPath=68_70

Last edited:
A Good Chinese source has told me that The quality of all the 138cc Kits out of china are bad and the performance upgrade is not that great. I'm passing on what I have been told. So if anyone has the time to write up a review would be awesome and re-assuring to buyers out there.

I'd like to know whats really going on with these so called 138's. I believe the majority are only 127cc. As far as I'm aware they are 120's fitted with the 54mm piston from the 125's. If any are truly around 138cc I don't think they came outa the Lifan factory like this.

So you've measured it? Also is the engine stamped 1P56FMI or1P54FMI?

yes have mesured it just had head off, the engine is a 1P52FM1 which is a 120 bottem end with 138 barrel 56mm, it is the chrome case 4st with R type head (the differance between Rtype and the other big valve heads found on Lifan 125's is the R runs the exact same cam as crf50 with one big bearing and one small as opposed to both small). It has all up shift drum and start in any gear.I'm just fitting inner rotor kit and oil slinger and custom grind cam when its finished i will try and get some dyno reports up.

Sounds good roost. Reason I ask is that I have been told by a Lifan rep that the 138 produced by the Lifan factory is actually the old 120 fitted with the 54mm piston from the 125 and is badged 1P54FMI. Things like chrome cases and 56mm bore and piston must be getting retro fitted by other chinese distributors.

Mack, You Will find that These 138 Kits, Will most likely come from another source not Lifan. Chinese can copy anything. I may be getting some HP Cams and Pistons Copied for a Fraction of the price.

Latest posts

Back