Thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
Well i've had problems with my thumpstar for a while now. It wouldn't start so i got it looked at and it neede a new stater plate so i got one from eBay and gave it to a friend to fit. It came back from my friend and started, however, if you don't keep the revs high, it would cut out, so i ajusted the throttle so now that problems sorted.

Theres a few more problems still to get sorted.
The bike wont start with the choke on. No matter what you do, it wont start with the choke on. If i start the bike without the choke then put the choke on, it chokes a little then just stays as if the choke wasn't on.

Also, when riding the bike, it just chokes and wont go fast if anywhere in 3rd or 4th gear.

I'm guessing the carbs stuffed, but would the carb cause the bike not to start with the choke on and cause the crap riding etc

thanks

Also, my electric start hasn't worked since i got the new stator plate, and i looked at the wires comming from the stater plate and one of them is different. Its like a 4 block connector, however, only 3 of them are used and 1 is left. There is 1 spare wire comming from the stator plate that doesn't fit. Would this be the wire stopping the electric start from working/battery charging (battery is dead). Also, can i cut the wires and join them?

yeh dont owrry bout ur electric start u dont really need it unless u hav a stuffed leg....as 4 the carby issues just take it out n clean it out like the floats n other bits...thats my 2 bobs worth... hav fun :)

Latest posts

Back