Tie Down Advice?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayden-pitbikez

Reaction score
hey evri one just wanted to now what evryone does to hold ya pitty on a normal trailer, are tye downs on the handlebars enough to keep it from movin around or do i need to get somethin to put the wheels in?
thanks

Yeah crazzy, all I'd add is if I'm going any sort of distance I usually cut a piece of wood leaving about a10cm gap when I place it between the front tyre and guard and bind down till it is snugg ..... saves ya fork seals but this is a habit I picked up ridin big bikes and I'm probably being paraniod doing it to my minis ....still the f@ckers stay put .:D

The only other advice I could think of for tie downs is buy GOOD ones ....I know a guy that MANGLED his new kx 250 before he even rode it due to shit tie downs , came off the trailer at 80 on the way home .:eek:

from the hardware shop you can buy mechanical ratchet straps for about $7 each, buy two per bike and clip one hook on each handle bar then tighten to the sides, the bikes don't move at all, they're awesome.

dont use any kind of tie down that only costs $7.

go to a bike shop and get some decent ones like gorillas grip, usually about 50 a pair

yeh ive alredy got a pair of tie downs that cost me about 40 - 50 i just wanted to know what people did to stop it from movin around like put rope thru the back wheel like crazzy said

i just use two tie downs on the bars and live with it, doesnt really move around much at all and my ute has really stiff suspension in the back. bigger bikes can be an issue

ohh yes i forgot to metion that! i use the wood so i dont over tie down and ruin my fork seals etc

best to put a rope through the rear wheels seeing they only weigh 60kgz! we dont bother tying the tire put on the bigger bikes because they have the weight to keep them down!... 10 kz without a rope through the rear wheel and the rear end had almost bonced off the side! it had hit the other bike though

the bike on the back of the D E L U X tied down only with tie downs! this is when is just before we left and had to stop to add a rope round the rear wheel because of the lack of weight as i mentioned b4... big xr650 next to it

Image000.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back