Timing Chain after new head.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudewith4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the mini bike scene but about a week ago I found a little dayang pit bike in the side of a heap of scrap and bought it for 15$. It was complete just looked like it had been sitting for awhile. I took it apart and fixed a few wires and got a good spark. Next rebuilt the carb and cleaned the gas tank. Couldnt get it to fire still so me and my freind took the head apart and of course the intake valve was bent. So I ended up picking up and new bigger head and and 48cc cylinder bored to around 118 today and me and my freind got it all togeather but went the timing chain on there and it was about 3/8"s to short... Where do I go from here?

Hey man thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I need a whole new chain or if they have masterlinks for them. Would you like a picture of the bike or what my problem is because I got it tore down to the cylinder at the moment.

Hey man thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I need a whole new chain or if they have masterlinks for them. Would you like a picture of the bike or what my problem is because I got it tore down to the cylinder at the moment.

The more pictures the better so both.

Don't quote me but I don't think you can even get like expanding links for a cam chain. Even if you could, I wouldn't reccommend doin it. You want your cam chain to be rock solid otherwise it might cause you a lot of other drama's down the track. With the all the effort you have put in so far you wouldn't want that. ;)

Ill have to grab some pictures tomorrow.. What do you think the best step would be from here.. Where would I get this chain?

Latest posts

Back