Timing chain

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noidea

Reaction score
How do i get it off? take off the cam gear or wat? No master link or anything on the chain so i guess thats what i gotta do.

yes remove the cam gear, replacing a timing chain must be done with extreme care as the new chain must go back onto the exact cogs [ teeth ] otherwise timings will be out.

Your obviously getting into that port job. As rd racing said just release the three bolts holding the cam gear and slide it off the cam and out of the chain. The chain can just hang till your ready to put back together. Its not hard to set back up. Just have to have the flywheel mark in line with the case marking and the cam mark in line with head mark when you reinstall. In order to slack the chain when reinstalling you must release the tensioner bolt.

yea, i took out the tensioner, and tried to derail the chain but was getting anywhere... didnt have a 9mm spanner with me either so i just it... ill get it off today and see how i go.

Took off the inlet manifold and was surprised to see the gasket restricting a radius of about 2mm... also looks like some1 has had a go before me at the top of the port (taking apart my spare bike).

cheers

yep
ducar with electric start.

Check out the head specs i took compared to my loncin... difference is going to be huge!

Latest posts

Back