Tip about. Using non-wet clutch/wrong oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor

Reaction score
Ok I've been doing smaller engine work for years but I always figured replace the clutch fiber when the wrong. Oil got Used Or whatnot u know. The symptoms clutch slippage or sticking issues yet plates were still good.
Mainly first off drain that junk oil and. After replace it with wet clutch safe oil my uncles. And buddies in enduro racing recommend rotella by Shell for two stroke gearboxes its aoil mainly intended for diesel applications and has a great tolerance and does not shear so easily. Next take all the plates and clean em but no harsh cleaners I use hot water anda strong mix of dish detergent. Believe it or not the detergent sometimes acts as a seal restorer on other applications. Just make sure to dry when done then I use a semi fine grit sand paper or emery and just lightly get the surfaces clear. Off the junk and wasted material that the old oil impregnated Then wipe it with a rag and soak another in the oil of your choice for your gearbox and reassemble. I kinda roughed mine on the rm125 a lil more. With a crosshatch pattern and the change upon reassembly was a complete improvement and is still working for a. While now pretty dang good

Latest posts

Back